What pulled you in?

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What pulled you in?

Postby isometric » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:33 pm

I grew up on a nintendo entertainment system, and a gameboy. This plays like dragon warrior and pokemon, both of which I adored.

Emrin
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Emrin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:12 pm

^ Dragon Warrior was amazing. I think I started on 3...? Either way, I loved the freedom in such a small game. Never before had I been given so much freedom in a game.

WingedMedic
Ragelope

Postby WingedMedic » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:31 am

I first read about EO somewhere online or maybe a magazine, and was interested because I liked the idea of paying tribute to dungeon crawling RPGs, and I wanted a chance to experience one. Especially since it was being revived on a handheld. (Also at the time I had finished Golden Sun and was looking for other RPG styles) I still think I waited a while to get it, though.

Benkyo
Fenrir

Postby Benkyo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:54 am

Penny Arcade, I think. I love Roguelikes, so a very Japanese take on turn-based dungeon exploration WITH MAPPING seemed quite appealing. Also I don't feel guilty playing games in Japanese as I can write it off as lazy studying.
無垢無頼努

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:31 am

Got into the series after seeing Mcgammar play EO1. When I saw EO3 was coming out I figured it was a good time to start the series, so ever since things happened that were amazing.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:08 pm

21 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”