New to the series, new to the forums. Hello...

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New to the series, new to the forums. Hello...

Postby isometric » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:54 am

I never really had fights last longer than a couple of rounds though, so it seemed like a waste of a turn to debuff.

It'd be interesting to have a game with similar mechanics but battles that lasted longer, like 5 turns on average instead of the 1 or 2. Like, if they toned down damage output for both sides, or increased health pools while boosting xp gains . That would've made debuffs much more worthwhile overall.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:06 pm

I doubt the debuffs from Hexers are as potent as the buffs from Troubadours, but they are force multipliers. I mean, Bravery increases the damage all my other guys do by 30% or 40%. (I forget which.) And, I mean, 30% times 4 is 120%, so it's a net increase in damage dealt under most conditions.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:48 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:16 pm

fadjflajdf

That's a lot. But is that BY 60%, or TO 60%?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:06 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:17 am

So I've seen the damage formulas for EO3, and I'm not sure if it's the same in EO1, but does that imply a 66.67% damage increase? (My gut says yes, my logic says no.)

Oh, also: That only lasts 5 turns, right?

Also, also: Thank you. ^_^

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:57 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 am

Halving the enemy's defense would be the same as doubling your offense, right? Assuming that's true (which hey, it might not be), then a 40% decrease in defense is emphatically not a 40% increase in damage. It is, in fact, much better.

But yeah, sounds like a Hexer is worth having. Better get me one of those. But who to give up...

edit: I'm probably going to end up testing this myself, actually. ^_^"

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:56 pm

39 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”