New to the series, new to the forums. Hello...

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New to the series, new to the forums. Hello...

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 pm

The best thing about EO3 is that it shook up the class roles established earlier in the series. The worst thing about EO3 is that it shook up the class roles established earlier in the series.

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:43 am

I like different. It's silly to pay for the same game again and again, so a bit of shaking up is good for the long term, in my opinion.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:18 am

EO4 probably refines the changes made with EO3 somewhat as the makers learn what the players want or dislike. I'll probably get a 3DS for it.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Oh what a life. I let my cousin play when I was out last night and she had decided to start a new game. Not a huge deal, it was a fun run and I learned a lot. Got to the 24th floor. Going to start again later today, I guess.

Stuff I learned, that stuck to me:

Alchemists are rather...rubbish.

Status effects are all super useful, except that it seems more effective to just let Alexi allslash the mobs in 1 turn, rather than let my binders get them all weak and submissive for 3 or 4 rounds.

Bard buffs are super useful. Quality of life is HUGE with a bard in the party, despite the terrible damage they do by themselves.

Samurai are incredibly annoying to use with a bard and medic, because the freakin' stance kills a buff. Also, in the time it takes for him to prep his overhand stance, Alexi already wrecks the mobs. Definately a good class for bosses, but rubbish for getting places.

Landsknechts are pretty much the best thing, ever. Low tp high damage moves that hit everyone, or low tp higher damage moves that beat bosses. I only wish my bard embues would work with the special attacks. Imagine a multihit with fire, followed by a fire chaser. Actually, I guess that would make alchies even more rubbish than they already are...

Oi vey, my poor heart. Remember when I said it was no big deal? I LIED.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:08 pm

It's got an HG101 page already?

Sweet =D

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Guessing there's next to no chance at it getting translated? Sad face! THE SADDEST FACE!

Beat EO with my party, and started the second game. Loving the synergy between WM and H, I've got sleepcut because hexer spams torpor a lot, and cursecut for regening mana. One issue I have is hexxers never seem to hit bosses. Fun game all around though, but I'm sad that Euro passwords apparantly don't work. Poor Valiance.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:22 pm

No, passwords from the European version of EO1 are longer than those from the N-American one, so they won't fit in the password entry in EO2. Ah well, it's nothing too important anyway.
Kimiko

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:41 am

Iso: Here is something you can use for a password. It's a sort of "ultimate password" which will give you the two completion-ist awards from the previous game. The guild name was something odd, but just mentally supply your previous guild's name when it comes up (which isn't often). At least you can see the mentions:

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406

But, believe me, it's nothing SO significant.

[] - [] - [] - []

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:17 pm

I stumbled upon this topic a little too late sadly.

I heard both sides on the EO3 spectrum. But it is all depending on tastes. Subclassing is GOLD if you do it the right way.

Guild: Dangerus
Ship: Clerksy

Main Party:
Front:
Alcohol (male) [Buccaneer/Zodiac]
Puera (male) [Monk/Gladiator]
Alistar (female) [Buccaneer/Ninja]
Back:
Flappy (male) [Prince/Buccaneer]
Nadjaki (female) [Wildling/Hoplite]

Dragon-Slayers (replace Alcohol, Puera, and Nadjaki):
Alternia (or Nabeshin) (male) [Hoplite/Ninja]
Voluza (female) [Yggdroid/Hoplite]
Xaberinth (female) [Zodiac/Monk]

Other Guild Members:
Yatagaras (male)[Shogun/Buccaneer]
Innjion (male)[Farmer/Zodiac]
Barbossya (male) [Shogun/Buccaneer]
Alice (female) [Farmer/Wildling]
Snowbelle (female) [Gladiator/Princess]
Chifusa (female) [Ninja/Shogun]
Vanya (female) [Monk/Zodiac]
Jay (male) [Zodiac/Ninja]
Sil(e)nt Bob (male) [Ninja/Monk]

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm back for some epic necrosis. Life got in the way for a while, but I eventually beat EO, then moved on to 2 and 3. Game was really great, I sort of regret the whole euro version NA version thing, and am considering buying the reprints they recently announced just to get through it all with my old guild (yes, I know eo3 has no password and that the differences aren't great, I just really liked the game and don't consider the money too outrageous!)

As far as this game goes, I really liked it. A few people have recommended skipping it on forums before, because they claim that the next ones are better, but I disagree. The 3 are all different. EO 1's L and S are quite beefy compared to the sequel, and the Troubadour feels like a super useful class. Overall nothing but the Hexer really felt BAD to use, the Ronin was a bit clunky but manageable.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Hexers are really cool 8) It's just hard to make them useful :(
Kimiko

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Hexers can make you deal more damage and take less damage without using up your buff slots. (They will use your debuff slots, though.) In my book, that's good enough to include such a cool looking character.

39 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”