Smallest possible party to do a full-clear? Anyone try it?

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Smallest possible party to do a full-clear? Anyone try i

Postby isometric » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:26 am

Grats, how tough were the first few levels? I remember trying a 2-man WM/Hexer party, getting to like level 3 before I ran out of en from all the healing items/resurrecting and sort of rage-quitting.

I gotta say, EO2's skillsets are some of my favorites. Hexer/WM synergy and the Dark Hunter are great, stance-less Ronin abilities make it less of a chore to use, Protector damage buff is quite welcome etcetera.

Maybe I'll just start playing EO2 again instead of waiting to get my cartridge back...

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:15 am

My first encounter killed my whole party, but on my second attempt I made it out alive. After hitting level 2 it was no problem to level, but my grinding sessions were shorter. It keeps getting easier.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:43 am

That's reassuring. Maybe I just had bad luck, but I felt like it was wayyy harder to survive the first level's encounters in the second game than in the other two (I still haven't seen anything from 4 since I don't own a 3ds anyways...) Like, I'd hardly survive a couple of battles, and if I didn't have everything mapped out the guard wouldn't let me leave. Was a bit frustrating.

Then again, it was a hexer with incredibly low-level poison and a warmagus with like, a single point in cure I think. I imagine a ronin/protector/wm party would be much beefier from the start since they wouldn't rely heavily on some 30% chance poison as their source of damage.

I wonder how that solo dark hunter did it.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:05 am

Scy knows the games inside and out, and exactly how to utilize everything to his advantage. That and probaby some luck to get past the first few encounters.

-PLA

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:23 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:07 am

Oh man, I just checked again and the post I was talking about had Scy mentioning the DH solo run. Sorry, it had been a while. My bad.

-PLA

21 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”