A new players questions about character builds.

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: A new players questions about character builds.

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Sounds like you're where you need to be. There's NOTHING ever easy about Etrian Odyssey. And don't be ashamed to warp out before a FOE does attack, haha.

[] - [] - [] - []

Sinaria
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sinaria » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:55 pm

I warp out a lot and i'm not ashamed of it at all :) The challenge is on of the things i love about this game, You just don't see to many hard games like this anymore. I did find the Wolf boss on Floor 5 to be pretty easy even though i had him and 2 other wolves in the same fight but was still fun.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:21 am

Sinaria
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sinaria » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Just about to enter floor 8 (2nd Strata) With a party of 26 and have not met the petaloid yet but i look forward to meeting and killing it. :)

Sinaria
Ragelope

Postby Sinaria » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 pm

The Petaloid is HORRIBLE!!!! It puts everyone to sleep if you don't kill it fast enough. I'm getting through them though but the Wyvern did just kill me.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:11 am

The Petaloid.... the weakest, but most scary monster in the whole game.

O_O *gulp* OMG IT'S THE FLOWER!!!!

[] - [] - [] - []

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:38 am

Sinaria
Ragelope

Postby Sinaria » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:12 am

I'm just before the Wyvern right now but it killed me once so i decided to do the Explorers Guild trial that you have to stay on B8F for 5 days and that was really long and annoying, Took me about 3 hours to do but i went from level 27 to 33 so not all bad. Plus lighting all those Petaloids on fire for that time was pretty fun :)

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 am

Super easy way of doing that quest is just hanging out next to the fountain and walking back and forth.
I never do it that way though, because like you said it gets you quite a few levels to just grind it out.
Also, I find petaloids to either be complete cake or an instant death, depending entirely on who goes first. The nice thing about 'em is the low health. EO2 has plenty of even more annoying enemies, if I remember correctly.

One thing I sorely missed in EO3 were those fountains as well as the various methods of keeping tp maxed out from the first two games. Running around with a bag full of Amritas got so annoying. I swear, I never had to use consumables 'til the third game, save warp wir-- ariadne threads.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:26 am

25 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”