Decided to start new game

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Decided to start new game

Postby heprea » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:42 pm

And boy has it been fun! It has been at least 5 years since I defeated the and I pretty much stopped playing after that and started to dream of EO II / III.

Since the team I used on my first play through was so damn strong I have decided to make things at least bit different and maybe harder? at least for early game, that is for sure. :D

Not only did I decide to go for the battle medic I also decided to rush for caduceus, that's 10 first levels of me only leveling up ATK UP and the next 10 levels for cadceus, it has been very rough so far haha! I was constantly out of gold because I had spent so many en on potions.

Now, instead of using Dark hunter like I did in my first save I'll be using Landsknecht(which is rather unknown class for me). I'm currently leveling up All slash and multi hit. Haven't planned yet what I'm going to level after those are done.. Probably DEF/HP/ATK ups.

Question: The elemental attack skills, do they require elemental damage from other source before I can use them? because without alchemist my only source for elemental damage might be bard enchaments.. dont really feel like leveling those but eh, if thats how it is it cant really be helped.. :<

The other character that is different is rather than using Alchemist(damn I miss early level poison Q_Q) I'm using Survivalist. Which is also rather unknown to me as well.. ^^;
So far I've leveled up multi hit and because I'm constantly out of en I'm leveling up take/chop/mine a little bit for now.

Protector and Bard are the 2 other classes that I'm using.

I have recently gotten myself in to 2nd stratum and boy was it nerve wrecking to see sleepgel/venomgel take 70% of my front lines HP in one turn, and here I thought I was bit "over leveled" by being something like 20 level when I reached the damn place. There sure has been plenty of game overs, most of them has been in 1st stratum so far though.

But yeah while this has been fun and challenging there certainly are things that I miss from the later games, such as: Auto combat / moving with L & R buttons, moving the map screen while zoomed in.. well that's what I have encountered this far anyways.

Mole-chan I....

isometric
Killclaw

Re: Decided to start new game

Postby isometric » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Mole-chan I....

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:27 am

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:47 am

Mole-chan I....

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:15 am

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:12 am

Mole-chan I....

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:08 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:41 am

Mole-chan I....

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:32 am

Them double posts!

Just here to pop up that I finally defeated

The fight was pretty damn easy with this team and setup.
I have also defeated
both are monsters that were hard to defeat on my first play through.
The conditional drop of was something I found to be impossible but, not on this play through. I managed to defeat the damn thing (with its conditional drop conditions) when my characters where at 60 level or so. I could not even imagine doing something like that in the past. :D

Again, thanks for Isometric for posting and "hanging" out in this thread. :3

*edit*

Also I must mention that it was very refreshing to meet up again with my favorite character from all of the EO games again and interacting with her, it was just as magical as it was on the very first time!

*edit#2*

in case someone is wonder who this character might be, here is a tip~
:)

Mole-chan I....

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:44 am

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Mole-chan I....

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:01 pm

13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”