Discouraging moments?

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

madonna
Fenrir

Discouraging moments?

Postby madonna » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:22 am

OK, so I know EO is supposed to be hard and that's why you are supposed to like it, (that's why i like it), BUT .. were there any spots you hit in the game where it just threw you for a loop? Like .. had to set the game down and chill out for a few days or whatever?

AKA, I just hit B20 for the first time and a million FOEs I've never seen attacked me in one battle and it really freaked me out, so I did the best I could and warp-wired out of there. And I really needed to talk about it.

Anyways, it could be hard levels to map or to find your way through, or bosses, or anything, really. I am just curious.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:41 am

Having to do B20 just about made me put the game down, too. Having to defeat ALL of those FOEs seemed like such a daunting task, and what was worse, is for B19 I didn't find the warp that immediately launched you from the entrance to the stairs down. ... >_< That would have made life so much easier. Nothing like finding it a month later when I looked at a guide and realized that there was a warp there.

I did put it down for several months after I got down to B27. I didn't pick up the game again for a while. [spoiler]The room of endless pits and later after that a bunch of warps is very daunting.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Right now, I'm dreading the fight of primevil. I tried to take him on seriously only once after getting my immunize up to level 10. I didn't stand a chance. His attacks are way too powerful. uggggg[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

madonna
Fenrir

Postby madonna » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:34 pm

fun fact: at 330 am last night, i completed b20. i warp-wired that first time, posted here, and then went back with more amrita IIs and kicked its ass. the end boss guy really wasn't so hard after dealing with 2+ foe battles a few times before. and i also learned i really love my troubador.

Kakizaki
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakizaki » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:28 pm

Good job.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:06 am

*claps* ^_^ Nice!

I never liked the troubadour class, personally. The only thing that I liked is that they gave a burst to the exp that I gained.

[] - [] - [] - []

madonna
Fenrir

Postby madonna » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:14 am

i'm big on the tp-regen every turn, along w/ strength boost and buffing weapons with fiiire. useful!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:20 am

I'm one of those offensive players, and some might even say dumb (I won't lie). I hardly EVER use supports in any games, and EO only ever saw an excessive use of Defender and Immunize. I mean, I defeated boss of 25 by going at it with my guys attacking repeatedly, and my medic only healing and casting immunize EVERY turn. Dark Hunters and Troubadours were the most worthless characters in the game due to my prejudicies against buffs.

[] - [] - [] - []

madonna
Fenrir

Postby madonna » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:26 am

to be honest, i had my main party all the way up to 50+ until i introduced my troubadour. i leveled up all the other classes to at least 20, but my protector, landsknecht, survivalist, alchemist and medic were all i cared about. kaki told me that the troubadour was way useful and i tried it out - usually i just get stuck in a pattern and don't care to try anything else. i took my alchemist out and found the troub to be a lot more useful. if she is not buffing, i put the fire buff on her weapon and her attacks aren't that bad at all.

Kakizaki
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakizaki » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:30 am

Kakizaki
Fenrir

Postby Kakizaki » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:32 am

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:21 am

Floor 21 - 25, I hated the annoyingly annoying enemies, and that the random encounter was too much,

AND
[spoiler]that the ending boss was a waste of time. I mean how can you NOT be bind resistant![/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:49 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:53 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kakizaki
Fenrir

Postby Kakizaki » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:30 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:36 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

69 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”