Discouraging moments?

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:39 am

I made up my original party of a Landsknecht, Dark Hunter, Alchemist, Medic and Survivalist and then promptly marched out to the death of my Dark Hunter. I went back, revived him, and then quickly lost both him and the Survivalist. Eff it! I cried, going to bed.

I restarted and did alchemist and medic in the back with two landsknecht plus a protector for the front. This worked out much better, even though the surprise killer butterflies ate my landsknecht. Then the monster-deer destroyed everyone.
After doing a little monster drop gathering and getting some swank equipment for my deadly german knights, I felt confident enough to stride out and kill zombie-bambi.

I fearlessly charged the orange orb and, WHAM! Surprise random encounter. A fender flanked by venomflies. Whatever, I'll deal with them and then tackle the --- Aghh! How'd the evil-deer lord get in there?!
He just jumped himself all into it somehow. My death came swift and quietly with very little fuss.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:07 am

Oh yeah - never mentioned anywhere but FOEs can and WILL join the fray if you happen to be in their path (or if they are going after you).

Best word of advice, don't feel that you have to dominate the FOEs right now. Watch them. They all have a pattern to their movements. Learn it and see if you can't find other ways around them without confronting them.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:23 am

I've been clearing wide swaths around them! I just recently picked up the cleaver/crunch/fire combo that knocks them out. I just cleared the last one, though, and am using up the rest of my TP monster drop-hunting before sleeping. I expect the FOEs on the next level to promptly and painfully humble my party.

Anima Zero
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Anima Zero » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:27 am

Moment #1: Killing the 4th Stratum boss after killing every FOE on that level, trying to go down to the 5th Stratum, then realizing I had to go all the bloody way back up to town to report into Radha Hall, then walk all the dang way back down through the Stratum again. Dangit.

Moment #2: Wyrm simply refusing to drop its rare item. Heck, even Drake and Dragon dropped it faster :P.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:10 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Anima Zero
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Anima Zero » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:02 pm

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Yowza
Ragelope

Postby Yowza » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:25 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:45 pm

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Terribly Uncool
Ragelope

Postby Terribly Uncool » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:44 am

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:45 am

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Terribly Uncool
Ragelope

Postby Terribly Uncool » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:55 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:27 am

Uhh... careful... when I did that, some FOEs returned.... <_<;

[] - [] - [] - []

Terribly Uncool
Ragelope

Postby Terribly Uncool » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:30 am

Yeah, the FOEs that guard the 20f stairs (in 19f) and all FOEs in 20f will respawn if you go to town. If you warp/magnet or leave the floor without going to town they're all still gone. I refilled my hp/tp at the spring and smacked that bird dead faster than one of those Ogre FOEs.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:48 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

69 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”