The lovely expressways of B16F... (mapping fun)

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Pyrosmurfy
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The lovely expressways of B16F... (mapping fun)

Postby Pyrosmurfy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:48 pm

I thought the third stratum was neat with its lily rides across the pond, but B16F is like an airport system of moving walkways gone bonkers.

I was wondering how you guys choose to map this one? At first I tried using double Warp icons with that little message text signaling where it was going (N3 W4 for example), but I ran out of messages! Now I'm using Warp icons for the beginning of a "ride" and Pit icons for the end. It seems to be doing OK, but trying to navigate is a bit of a headache.

Like the challenge, though. Just wish they had given us more options for icons (arrows would have been sweet). Or at the very list get rid of that annoying message limit.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:28 pm

That's why they added more icons in EO2, to let us map floors like that. I think for 16F I just resorted to mapping the walls only. 17F is going to run out of notes too. 19F is much like the lily rides fortunately.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Pyrosmurfy
Ragelope

Postby Pyrosmurfy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:19 am

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:52 pm

Nah, it's only important to map the place while exploring that floor. After you're done with it, you'll only take one path to get to the next floor.

*puts game into DS to check* Yes, I only painted the walls where I could see them (i.e. not along the longer conveyors). The floor tiles got painted automatically of course. There's just no way to make arrows, so that's all you can do I think. EO2's arrows and colored floors were a welcome addition.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:22 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Pyrosmurfy
Ragelope

Postby Pyrosmurfy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:15 pm

That makes sense. I now do like my little system of Warps and Pitfalls though :)

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm

Xeranath
Ragelope

Re: The lovely expressways of B16F... (mapping fun)

Postby Xeranath » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:41 pm

~The Ragin' Contagion~

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:14 am

Each floor

X-grunger
Ragelope

Re: The lovely expressways of B16F... (mapping fun)

Postby X-grunger » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:02 am

Terry LVL 31 Landsknecht Max Lvl 31 Protector
Liquid Lvl 28 SurvivalistNay lvl 28 Medic Glass lvl 28 Alchemist (fire/poison)

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”