Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

The elusive sprout

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:54 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Paranoia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Paranoia » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:15 am

Yes your missing the actual spot the sprout will spawn from, hehe.

I draweded the area you need to walk in:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:19 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:45 am

I FOUND IT!!

>_> You're right, it doesn't take all "that" long. Maybe ten minutes at the most really. *Writes down notes to convey these things to her viewers on the page when she gets it placed up*

*Squee* And to me, that's a complete Monster Codex!! 'Cause all I have left to defeat now is:

[spoiler]
PRIMEVIL!!
[/spoiler]

Now, to move on to my Item Compendium which is seriously SERIOUSLY lacking. :\ One of the dumbest things I did through the game was not have a team member who had "take". ^_^; Going through all the stratums for Takes is... just a little... -_-;

[] - [] - [] - []

Paranoia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Paranoia » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:01 am

Good job! I have yet to find all monsters myself, Cbf doing the quests.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:27 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Zhai
Ragelope

Postby Zhai » Thu May 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:53 pm

While I do not have any documentary evidence for it, I did encounter one of the little fellers on B10F nowhere near where people seem to say it's supposed to be:
[spoiler]My one and only encounter with a sprout was actually in the left-most of the three north-eastern 3x3 rooms (with the item point.) Also odd, is that I encountered it the first time I entered that room as I stepped on the item point itself, and later during the quest to rid the floor of those vines and stuff, I finished off the big carnivorous plant in the same room, and simply thought that the strangely weak sprout I encountered earlier there had just grown into the bigger plant for the quest.... I had no idea it was supposed to be a rare, random encounter until I read this thread.[/spoiler]

Also, a note about FOEs missing from Zaraf's B10F map:
[spoiler]There are two Assassins facing each other at coordinates C6-11 and C6-13 (ie. block C6, row 1 column 1, and row 1 column 3 respectively.) It seems they only appear during certain times of day, though I haven't paid very close attention to exactly when. When I pass by there and they're around, I just deal with them. And don't get me started on my coordinate notation... I flip-flop between a few different systems every other minute. ^^; [/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:51 pm

Your comment about the sprout. Did you post this on GameFaqs? 'Cause if it wasn't you, I've seen someone say they ran into it in the same exact spot.

as for the error note.... *is curious now* I'll grab my game later and see if I ever marked FOEs being there and see if I can't make them appear.

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:45 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:48 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:12 am

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:45 am

I went and walked around B10F for most of a day and found out when those missing FOEs appear:

[spoiler]Those two Assassins appear at 10am, and disappear again when the clock strikes 6pm. Also, they will not jump your party when you step on the cell between them, C6-12. They appear to wait until you walk a couple of cells from that middle one before both going after you.

An interesting thing about their pursuit is that they do not break off even if you pass through a door to another room, as all the other FOEs I've encountered thus far in the game do. They just remain in chase mode, and match your movements through the labyrinth walls. I actually discovered this after I ducked into the middle 3x3 room with the Armoth expecting the Assassins to give up and head back towards their starting points. I didn't want to fight them because I wanted to see when they'd disappear on their own, so I spent several hours in that little room dancing with the Armoth, and watching the two Assassins match my horizontal co-ordinates along the lower wall of the room. Pretty amusing, that was.[/spoiler]

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:27 am

B10F? Hey, I remember those two. I've seen them behave like that as well.

Oh, what's also unmarked on that map is the useless red pebble event.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

25 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”