Oddities of Etrian Odyssey

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Oddities of Etrian Odyssey

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Okay! This is very simple and depending on how it goes might make my mind up about the fate of a future page that I have in mind for the site.

It's very simple - list all the oddities you can think of EO. It can be anything from peculiar items to even bugs in the game.

Here's a few that I know of:

- On Floor 4, if you are in Coordinates D,E,and F, it seems that the rate of monster encounters is severely diminished compared to that of C and above.

- In Floor 30, if you enter any of the rooms that are just before the sealed doors, you do not get attacked at all in those rooms.

- On Floor 10 - Coordinate [E3-E4], there is a pebble that you can find that seems as if it might have at one point had a quest that went with it, but it never comes up.

- In the Apothecary, Theriaca A's description reads as such:
Description: Panacea made of boiled flower petals. Removes bindings.
However, the item requirements are: Bug Wing x 5 o_O;;

- And a Warp Wire... how is that suppose to work anyway? And why a "wire"? If it where a thread, I'd be thinking like that Greek Myth with the labyrinth and the minotaur (LOL). But still... *imagines that characters holding up a piece of thin copper-wire screaming "WARP"*

[] - [] - [] - []

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Oddities of Etrian Odyssey

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:11 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: Oddities of Etrian Odyssey

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:18 am

Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kakizaki
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kakizaki » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:58 pm

^I'm sure that was just a matter of translation space allocation. They only had 8 spaces to work with, but I assume we all knew that.
Last edited by Kakizaki on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:03 pm

*Agrees* Nich mentioned it several times in his blog on the EOI website and I would assume that putting "Thread" wouldn't really give us much clue at all as to what the function of the item is. Personally, I'd have probably called it the same thing if that were the case.

I wonder what other strange things got changed like that ^_^. I've never actually looked at anywhere that had a direct Japanese to English comparison chart.

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:23 am

What's with the 'Gum Hide' and 'Gum Vine'? Couldn't they come up with anything else to mean 'flexible'/'supple'?

On floor 9 (I think it was the one below the Wyvern's Nest), there are two rooms behind clear-crystal doors. One contains three treasure boxes, the other has an Amroth (sp?) FOE. While I was fighting that FOE though, two Moas spawned as well. One joined the fight; I finished it before the other could join. Is this supposed to happen like that? I thought FOEs normally only spawned from tripwired squares.

I want the red pebble to be useful, dangit :(
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

enigmaopoeia
Ragelope

Postby enigmaopoeia » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:13 pm

Maxine MagicFox:
I've never actually looked at anywhere that had a direct Japanese to English comparison chart.

Hmm, I was always curious about the differences in translations from the Japanese to the English version. If no one has actually made a list to this, I'll try to take a stab at it when I have the time.. ^^;;

~ enigmaopoeia @

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:57 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:12 am

Yeah... the wyvern isn't something you should have even worried about. His "challenge" comes up MUCH MUCH later in the game when you aren't worrying about XP anyway.

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:27 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:00 am

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:07 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:18 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Hino-kun
Ragelope

Postby Hino-kun » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:21 am

60 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”