Favorite Party & Build

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Zephyr
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Favorite Party & Build

Postby Zephyr » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:42 am

What's your guys' parties like? Here's mine, at the third floor of Stratum One. All at level 11.

Zephyr - Alchemist : Focusing on Fire Up and some TP increase. Of course, he burns things dead.

Gabriel - Medic : Of the healer variety, so focused on TP, heal, and refresh.

Sasha - Troubadour : She's a tertiary damage dealer in normal fights, but against FOEs and bosses she's busy with Shelter.

Akarius - Protector : Usually just a secondary damage dealer. He's good at soaking up damage, of course. B. Guard has saved my Medic a few times, which in turn saved the party. My party wouldn't work without him.

Raven - Landsknecht : Hits things with his axe and soaks some damage. I'm trying to go for Stun... hopefully that pays off.

When I can get a Hexer I really think I might pick it and my abandoned Dark Hunter up and rearrange my party. Status effects are win... if they even work on bosses. :(

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:51 am

^_^ Fun topic!!

Shiana - Landsknecht - axe whacker and my hardest hitting character in the whole game in terms of phsyical attacks.

Makour - Protector - I kinda feel that I screwed up on him while going through the game main game. I just some really strang buffs and even wasted a few points on the cure things - but at the time I really dd need them, so I dunno if I could do it over. He has since been reset anyway to be useful for post-game material, though I saved his original buffs.

Tess - Medic - Nah, I didn't let her learn Cadaceus, but she was still very useful when she wasn't healing. I didn't put much into Immunize for her, either, only one point, but I've since rese that as well.

Fionna - Alchemist - my original. I ONLY wanted her to know the basic elementals.

Tei-hen - Alchemist - on the other learned things like Warp and Sight and even poison though I didn't use it at all. I think I tried when fighting Golem but was really depressed at its seeming worthlessness. Others tell me it wasn't so worthless. Meh, I'm not much for imposing status effects, though. Still, maybe in the next game I'll definitely look into it and see if it makes the game any easier.

[] - [] - [] - []

masterofpsi
Ragelope

Postby masterofpsi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:28 am

Andrew: Me, an axe-wielding Crusher. Goes for full attack, Twohit, and he packs on the HP.

Nova: My blonde Dark Huntress. Goes equally for binds and the insta-kill (forgot the name :( ). Uses the volt whip.

Edward: Volt/Fire Alchemist. Nothing else. Never needed the FOE spells, poison is eh, and I never noticed anything weak to ice.

Zack: Survivalist who goes for Apollon and Multihit. My second biggest damager. Also uses First Strike frequently.

Sarah: My medic. A general Medic with full Immunize, for the postgame.

---

I've got another party, just to try all of the classes and finish the postgame. Above is my 'main' party that did the first run-through.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:34 am

*Nods* It's kinda hard posting in these sorts of threads because of that "other party" thing. I have a few members that I made that are sitting at the guild 'cause they have their own usefullness in some things. Maybe it comes down to a "fave 5" thing.

[] - [] - [] - []

seaweed91
Ragelope

Postby seaweed91 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:59 am

I recently restarted the first game in anticipation of the second (I kept my password though, and I had pretty much everything done+floor 30 beat).
I've recently found some love for Swordhunters, because I don't particularly like Landsknechts, but I needed another frontliner.
My line up before was:
Iniera: A male medic, with a battle oriented build-Immunize and Caduceus all the way.
Xibeg: My female Protector, who I sometimes forgot even had offensive capabilities in Smite, since she was always doing something to keep us alive.
Golain: A female Axeknecht; I know I said I didn't like them, but she really helped me beat the final/secret boss.
Feef: Young male Troubadour. Buffing and support galore! I'm a little upset that Relaxing got cut from the second game, but I'll probably still use a Troubadour.
Fidkral: My Survivalist. Apollon, Multihit, First Turn, Trickery...All useful skills, but nothing to swear by. The bow damage definitely helps though.

This time around, my line-up's a little different.
Tolva: My new Swordhunter, the same one as in my avatar, who, as I said, I've started to appreciate this time around, as I didn't before.
Osea: The older male Protector. I expect to get a lot of mileage out of him; Protectors may seem like they'd only fit a few situations, but they're actually pretty versatile.
Sapphire: The dark haired female alchemist. She helps stuff....die. She's working on Ice and Volt right now; once I get the skill points I may branch off into Flame.
Axim: Female medic (not medigirl though) who keeps us alive! I may move her up to the front in the later strata, once I get more solid armor and have enough skill points, for another battle medic-this'll especially help me take advantage of Bait.
Lonahl: My Troubadour. I didn't start off with one in my first game...And haven't yet seen how I managed, since he's been so useful already.

Oh, I'm only on the fourth floor so far this playthrough. Sorry if I kind of rambled.
Hexers aren't really my thing (though I suppose they'd be killer with a Whiphunter), and Ronin....Well, I'd use them, if it weren't for that complication with only three buff slots.

Anx
Ragelope

Postby Anx » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:48 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:45 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:01 am

Posted this elsewhere in a simpler format but here they are. I'm not very far in the game yet...

Front row:
Valavi and Devin - landsknecht (most awesome class name ever, btw.)
Valavi's specializing in swords, Devin in axes. Valavi is level 10 and Devin is still at 9... he was killed by venomflies on level 1 too many times. Their cleaver/crunch is instrumental in taking down FOEs.

Finnist - Protector
Level 10 and definitely the backbone of my defensive line up. I'm looking forward to getting him some healing skills. Right now he just does slightly less damage the other two, who have better weapons.

Back row:

Loren - Alchemist (fire)
Level 9 since he didn't survive an early FOE death, my little pyro is delicate but powerful. His sprite is my favorite (3rd choice, I think, blond with a scarf) and so I'm shamelessly biased. Plus I like fire.

Kataro - Medic
Level 10 and the soul of my party. Whenever he runs out of TP I start making a beeline for home, no exceptions. Usually I start meandering toward the inn whenever his drops to one or two cures left.

ETA: I just recloned everyone at level 1 to get an even bigger backlog of skill points. I'm simultaneously farming for monster drops and grinding them for levels (I want them back at level 10 before I head to BL3). I'm also researching to figure out how to best spend these suckers.

Akarshi
Killclaw

Postby Akarshi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:56 pm

I'm only on the third floor....yeah, I know I'm slow. >> Anyway, my party just fell into its current configuration by chance and guesswork.

Front Row:
Jerick the Landsknecht: Focuses on axe skills. Currently level 10. Working on improving defense, possibly. Hardest hitter, along with the Protector. I chose the portrait of the red-haired eye squinted shut guy.

Nicole the Protector: Protector who doesn't really protect, as my party so far isn't really in need of protection. Currently level 10. Is upgrading shield skills in order to get the awesome sounding En Garde...I chose the blonde girl.

Ash the Dark Hunter: Whip guy who focuses on bind skills. I think I accidentally wasted a point on Viper. I chose the white-haired person.

Back Row:

Damien the Alchemist: Tri-Elemental alchemist. Jack of all trades, but master of none. XD Currently level 10. He's the black haired, red eyed guy by the way.

Lilia the Medic: Aspiring Battle Medic wannabe. Deadweight in battle since I don't have to heal much. Level 10. Medigirl.

slayer25k
Ragelope

Postby slayer25k » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:06 am

Okay - I'm playing for....arrr... a long time now.
I have this game since August '07 and I'm playing every now and then ;)

Guild: " LTension "

3rd Stratum - B12F

FRONT ROW:
Koeesh - Landsknecht - Level 37.
A good boy - He even exists as Laharl's comrade in my Disgaea (PS2).
Currently using a Shamshir - ATK 111. That's not enough =( His good Tornado skill might make up for it.
He is male in Disgaea...but... he is female on that EO avatar...err
HP 289 TP 64

Makoto - Protector - Level 36.
Aww - Another Shamshir user. He's only good for protecting the front row and doesn't care for the back row. ATK 114...wait..wha?!
Ah, and he's also one of my Disgaea characters.
HP 323 TP 96

Flonne - Survivalist - Level 36.
Get the Disgaea reference? Equipped with a Self Bow, she takes turns with my new created Ronin =)
HP 264 TP 84

Kuhouin - Ronin - Level 20.
She's new. Named after the girl from the currently airing Anime Series "Kurenai". A Ronin... equipped with the Ohdachi. ATK 124
HP 138 TP 34

BACK ROW:
Karen - Alchemist - Level 36.
Well... he was male in Disgaea with a female name. In EO, he is now unintentionally female. Poisons every monster with his massive poison skill...and burns them to death. awwhawwwhawww
HP 168 TP 137

Lance - Medic - Level 36
Medi Girl.. with a male name. Heals...and heals... and He/She will keep healing forever. Can't go out inside the labyrinth without... err... it.
HP 232 TP 126

Okay, that's my current party.
There are still a lot of Skill Points that aren't assigned to skill yet.. oh my... so much work to do.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:23 am

At the post game material now with the warp to B30F opened up. Haven't beaten Primevil yet because I've been occupied with grinding and all that stuff. Might as well mention the skill distribution too since I made some interesting choices on some of the characters.

Oh yeah...every character is named after someone from the Mega Man X series. I love that series (And a couple other MM related series too) :) .

Front Row:

Zero (Landsknecht): Full on hybrid. Tornado for phys dmg with a sword, chasers for synergy with my Alchemist, Crush for when he uses axes.

HP Up 10
TP Up 5
ATK Up 10
DEF Up 1
Axes 10
Swords 10
Tornado 10
Blazer 1
Freezer 1
Shocker 10
Crush 10

X (Survivalist): Part insane damage dealer with Multihit and Apollon, part speed demon (127 AGI), and part lifesaver with 1st Turn.

HP Up 10
TP Up 10
AGI Up 10
Bows 10
Ambush 10
Aware 1
Trickery 3
Quicken 3
1st Turn 1
Multihit 10
Apollon 10

Cinnamon (Medic): Healer of the group (Duh :P ). When not healing, she's bashing things with Caduceus.

HP Up 10
TP Up 3
ATK Up 10
Healer 10
Scavenge 5
Cure 3
Cure II 3
Cure III 1
Salve 3
Salve II 10
Immunize 10
Caduceus 10

Back Row:

Axl (Alchemist): Tri-Elemental all enemy hitter with a focus in thunder magic. Also has max Scavenge for easier item hunting.

TP Up 5
Fire Up 5
Ice Up 5
Volt Up 10
Scavenge 10
Inferno 10
Cocytus 10
Volt 3
Thunder 10
Thor 10

Iris (Troubador): Buffer and general item user. Has Max Taranis because that combo'd with Max Shocker and Max Thor kills pretty much every enemy in the 6th Stratum, even Red Cells and Hexroots, both of which can survive Shocker+Thor.

HP Up 10
TP Up 5
Songs 10
Divinity 10
Bravery 10
Erasure 3
Recovery 5
Blaze 1
Frost 1
Shock 1
Ifrit 1
Ymir 1
Taranis 10
Relaxing 10
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Arcan727
Ragelope

Postby Arcan727 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:35 pm

12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”