Medic: is it a must class to have in party?

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Medic: is it a must class to have in party?

Postby heprea » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:17 pm

so, uh iv been thinking about leaving medic from my team, and replace her with hexe? (got all of my chars now 70lvl and was thinking about retiring em and exping em again <.<) so, my new team would look somewhat like this:

Front: Protector | Dark hunter
Back: Alchemist | Bard | Hexecaster

so, what are your experiences in playing without medic in party?
any way to survive in the endgame places?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:03 am

In the endgame places.... :3 Depends on how much money you don't mind spending on health items. For me: I'd say, yeah, medic is an absolute necessity in the endgame material. It's Hell. That's what the place is. Salve II became the must have spell in that place.

But, that's for me and my experiences. I couldn't imagine what I'd do without a medic. But, I can get pretty careless, too.

[] - [] - [] - []

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:13 am

Immunize~

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:23 am

the combination of stamina & healing has been nice singing skills of bard and i thought that maybe if i had hexe caster with all thouse dmg reduce spells and bards anti-element skills
i might be able to nullify the dmg of the enemies enough for the healing skill to do its job.

now, i dont know how effective the dmg reduce spells of hexecasters are as its totaly new class to me still.

anyone got experience with hexecaster? :S

*EDIT*

i did few fast tests with hexecaster:

1. the effect of 10lvl sapping reduces the dmg of enemies by 50-51%

2. does fraility effect cursed enemies dmg, which it did not. enemies that had curse and fraility on them did not affect the damage they did to themself after hitting me.

3. maxed fraility effect was lower than i thought.

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:08 am

I am only in the second Stratum should i just keep going without a medic or will i regret it ?? i have 3 Landsknechts and 1 alchemist and 1 archer??

Can anyone give me tips on a formidable party?

Also does this sound like a bad party if so can you tell me why?
(Landskecht Protecter, Medic)
(Alchemist, Alchemist)
????????
Last edited by KitsuAccalia on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:11 am

Frailty (and Sapping) are a 40% reduction; Frailty lowers their actual Defense and does not make them take "more" damage per se ... static damage attacks (ie, damage returned via Curse) will still deal their normal damage.

ThatOrcEngineer
Ragelope

Postby ThatOrcEngineer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:20 pm

Ok, so I'm in the 2nd Stratum. My whole party is level 35.

Party-
Front-
- Protector
- Warrior Guy
- Dark Hunter
Back-
- Survivalist
- Alchemist

I've reached the Wrym, but I get raped every time. Am I too low level? Am I dying because I don't have a medic? I really don't want to raise a new medic up.
Don't defy my reality!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Too low level. Avoid the wyrm. :3 Remember the situation with the Stalker? It's like this... only much worse.

[] - [] - [] - []

Aeiren
Bloodant

Postby Aeiren » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Wyvern you mean? Or are you really referring to the [hide]post-game Boss[/hide]?

Wyvern:
If this is your first time meeting it in Stratum 2 - B8F, it's better to leave it alone for now. It's challenging at your current level, even if you had Immunize. You might be better off challenging it after you reach/pass Stratum 3.

Wyrm:
If you are referring to the [hide]post-game boss[/hide], level 35 is WAY TOO LOW.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:43 pm

I thought it was "wyvern" but thought my memory was faulty.

What Aeiren said then. ... ... though I get the feeling he's talking about wyvern and is using the wrong name.

[] - [] - [] - []

Aeiren
Bloodant

Postby Aeiren » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 pm

In case you need help in getting to the next floor:

[hide]Notice how the Wyvern turns around while standing there as you move? That's your hint in moving around it, away from it's line of sight. You can find two shortcuts, one of the left edge and another on the right edge of that "room", behind the Wyvern.[/hide]

11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”