When should you take on the Golem?

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:24 pm

TeslaNewton
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Hobbun
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:03 pm

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:16 pm

I felt that way too, until I just kept dying. Then I just gave up. :)
Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:42 pm

I guess what I could do is wait until the end when my main party is max level (so then I don't gain anymore xp) and then take a few of them with my low level Ronin and work him up and then go after the golem.

Btw, how do you get the frogs to call other frogs (treefrogging trick). I have fought tons of frogs and they never call them. Do you have to wait a certain amount of time?

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:08 pm

You have to wait for them to summon allies. When I'm training, I usually defend until froggy summons a friend. Then I kill the friend, and usually, first froggy will summon for a few consecutive rounds, then it'll attack or bind. To get 20,000 points, I usually have to go 40-50 rounds in order to kill 30 frogs (to get the 20K xp).

ETA That's not a bad idea to wait until your main party is maxed at 70. I found the Meteor Axe to be not that spectacular. I use the Fire Axe I got from Wyrm's fire fang. Or whatever that axe is called. Or the Duergar if I want to chase shocker or allslash. Problem with that is I never remember to switch between weapons. :|

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 pm

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:44 pm

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:02 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:22 pm

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:26 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:30 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 am

44 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”