When should you take on the Golem?

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Hobbun
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

When should you take on the Golem?

Postby Hobbun » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:07 pm

I have a party of Landsknecht (sp?), Paladin, Survivalist, Medic and Alchemist. They are all lvl. 28 (almost 29).

I am in the area of the Golem on floor 3. However, have not fought him yet. What is the recommended level to take him on?

Also, can I take on all the optional (more difficult) bosses with the party I have? I heard some of them you need specific classes to battle them. I have also heard the Troubador is needed for one or two of those dragon bosses, but I really don't want to play a Troubador class. I think I am going to retire the classes I have, but I want to stick with the L,P,S, M and A classes. Can I keep the classes I have and still fight the dragon optional classes? Am I making it too difficult for myself if I do that?

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:22 pm

While I think I'll let someone else answer the Golem question because I can't remember what level I was when I fought him (I think 33 and it was a VERY tough battle... meh... I do remember I was mid-way into Azure Rainforest), I will try to take a stab at the other questions.

I can't really imagine having tried to defeat the Wyrm without the Trabadour. I did take a stab at it, but his one attack would confuse the entire party and having her repeatedly use the one attack (and I'm being allusive for a reason so as not to spoil things for you) prevented that confusion. I think it COULD be possible. With the other two dragons - I think I had her with me for the one but I think she was useless but the easier dragon, definitely not needed.

These are just my personal experiences. However, if for no other reason, I think you should work with a T class for Divinity if you are going to retire your characters. And trust me - they actually are not such a bad class. I kinda rid them off too but I think I missed out on some fun at the same time.

[] - [] - [] - []

Hobbun
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Hobbun » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Ok, maybe I'll wait on the Golem, then. I am no huge rush to go after him. I was only curious as I am exploring that southeast portion of B3, now.

As for the Troubador. What I think I am going to do is just create a single Troubador and have him solo. He should go up quickly. Of course it will get to an extent where I just can't do that anymore. I just don't want to stick him with my party as I hate having party members that don't have the same exp. :P And when I bring up near my main party, insert him in when I go after the Wyrm.

Another issue I am having now though is I can't get past the Wyvern on floor 8. I know there is two secret passages on the south side of his room (east and west side) but I can't get past him to either secret passage. And I am only in my late 20's levelwise. I was told that you should be late 30's, early 40's to fight him. I don't want to grind for 10 levels.

What makes it even worse is I plan to rest soon, which would knock 10 levels off of my characters. :(

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:00 pm

You don't have to fight the Wyvern in order to get to the secret passages. Actually, I don't think you can. Watch the enemy's movement pattern on your screen. When he's not looking, quickly try to make your way to the passages around him, like you did with the Stalker on the 3rd floor.

[] - [] - [] - []

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:58 am

The Stalker was different in that I could just run past him before he could get to me because it was a larger room and he was in the center. With the Wyvern, the room is smaller and I have not been able to get past him.

When I enter the room, he stays pace right with me. If I move left, he moves parallel to me, same if I move right. I can't sneak past him.

masterofpsi
Ragelope

Postby masterofpsi » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:41 am

Troubs definitely make the final optional bosses easier. The strength buff and TP regen buff speed things up greatly.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:13 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:53 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:08 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

masterofpsi
Ragelope

Postby masterofpsi » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:31 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:40 pm

madonna
Fenrir

Postby madonna » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:11 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:17 am

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:49 am

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:09 pm

44 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”