Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Mishy
Ragelope

Postby Mishy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:30 am

eharper256
Diabolix

Postby eharper256 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:59 am

Wait, are you talking about EOI or EOII here now? Without knowing, I can't give you specific help, and neither can the resident statistic god, Scy.

In general though:
-Obtaining and maxxing Flame (the tier II) is probably better than maxxing Fire.

-Personally, I found Inferno was okay in a pinch (for EOI, at least, its too expensive in EOII)

-In EOII, nearly everything weak to Volt is also weak to Fire, making a Volt/Ice Alchemist probably the best, since no bosses are weak to fire. In EO I, it is generally advised to make a Tri-elemental Alchemist with Flame/Freeze/Thor, since many line enemies are weak to thunder, but most FOEs and Bosses require Ice/Fire, if remember correctly.

Visit my Anime/Games/Random blog, Detarame at:
http://detarame.wordpress.com/

Twat
Our Returned Beloved
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Twat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:15 am

In the first game, the tier three spells do the trick. In the second game, tier two spells are definitely better than the multitarget spells.

Mishy
Ragelope

Postby Mishy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Mishy
Ragelope

Postby Mishy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 pm

Paranoia
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Paranoia » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:56 am

With the alchemist dont go past element up 5, as the damage increase is negligible (About 10 points of damage at level 70)

and both teams will do fine in the game.

Mishy
Ragelope

Postby Mishy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Mishy
Ragelope

Postby Mishy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:27 am

I don't see why I should make another thread. But for some strange reason I get mad when one of my characters die, and then I don't want to play or continue because they lose out on the exp. >_<

Anyone else ever feel that way?

Twat
Our Returned Beloved

Postby Twat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:41 am

I don't like to play with someone dead for the early parts of the game but later on I feel less OCD about having everyone in line 'coz you have quests and new recruits who will throw it out of balance anyways. After that when someone is dead at the end of battle, I just revive them or go back to town.

Paranoia
Fenrir

Postby Paranoia » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:20 am

I hate it too.

Mishy
Ragelope

Postby Mishy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:30 pm

*sighs*

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I guess I'll just continue and play anyway.

About FOE's...should I just face them? Cause I know they are like mini-bosses.

And about level grinding, is that okay even with doing quests from the Pub?

And I know I probably asked the same questions again, please forgive me as my memory fails me from time to time and being too lazy to go back like 4 pages to read something. >_<

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:56 pm

1)

I would save, and then face the FOE to see what you're up against. If one is too strong, no biggie, just come back when you're a higher level. In EOI they give you exp, so I'd usually defeat them when the option was there.

2) You mean, is it okay to level grind while doing a quest? I'm pretty sure the quests aren't time, but I'm not 100% on that. If you mean to ask if you need to level grind even if you do the quests, probably. I usually need to level-grind before each Boss.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

X-grunger
Ragelope

Postby X-grunger » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 pm

i ve had good times the first time i fought a FOE, i had my alchemist with poison, and i had a god luck so the poison worked...you know, just spam defense and the poison kills the foe.
thats work well in the first and second stratim, except for the mammuts and the bosses
Terry LVL 31 Landsknecht Max Lvl 31 Protector
Liquid Lvl 28 SurvivalistNay lvl 28 Medic Glass lvl 28 Alchemist (fire/poison)

58 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”