Somethin' ain't right about the scenery...

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

theo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby theo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Oops, I just realized I revived a thread that's been dead for two months. I hope that's not frowned upon too much here (it seems to be in some other places, but they're less fun anyway).

Blue sky, you say? I think you're right, but it struck me as a hazy blue/green, which I attributed to higher humidity and a more-spacious stratum, but still enclosed.

Definitely give Stratum 6 a try. It was the first time in EO that I truly felt menace. And that's a special kind of feeling. :D

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:21 pm

stratum 6 sure didn't have a sky

only blood and darkness

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:35 pm

@revival of old topics: no, it's not frowned upon here, Theo. Feel free to do it as much as you want with any topic. As long as it's not something pointless and dumb just being restated. But, I think this is a great conversation to reopen.

I think that any "sky" in the lower stratums is simply and only perceived to be a sky. Afterall, it's ONLY in the first stratum that there is a "day" and "night". I dunno, I think the developers went to a lot of effort to hammer in that mere fact by putting in that small detail. It's not a sky that we are seeing, otherwise we would have a day and night in that stratum as well.

[] - [] - [] - []

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:55 am

But by that logic, only 1F should have day/night, not the whole first stratum.

[spoiler]And of course, we're all just over-analyzing this. But it's fun :D[/spoiler]

pucha
Ragelope

Postby pucha » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:55 am

I was wondering about that too >> I think it may have been a better idea to have a dark ceiling and setting the lower you go; so you'd have to buy torches to navigate 8D ....actually, never mind, that'd just make things even more confusing.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:17 am

[spoiler]I agree, this is fun, overanalyzing[/spoiler]

Well, of course, the further down you go the less chance the sunlight has of seeping through.

[] - [] - [] - []

theo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby theo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Torches, you say? :D

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:12 pm

<3 Oh god, that still remains one of my favorite games to date. Awww, what I wouldn't give for a return to simplicity like that. :3 I always enjoyed letting my torches run out and getting the death XD. I think one of the things that made that game so much fun was all the ways you could die. ^_^;

+10 bonus points to Theo for reminding Maxine of her beloved childhood games.

Maybe I should download an nes emu and try to find the rom for that game. *sigh*

[] - [] - [] - []

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:59 pm

24 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”