Alraune

Discuss the first game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Zephyr
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alraune

Postby Zephyr » Fri May 23, 2008 5:26 am

I'm having trouble finishing the 'Phantom of the forest' quest. Specifically, I'm being destroyed by Alraune every time I confront her. I already Immunize for it.

Party:
(this is the setup that seems most logical for this fight)
Axe Landsknecht lv. 65
Protector Lv. 54
------
Fire/Volt Alchemist Lv. 64
Cure Medic Lv. 65
Troubadour Lv. 49

Options:
Gatherer Survivalist Lv. 35
Whip Hunter Lv. 51
Binding Hexer Lv. 51
Iai Ronin Lv. 20

Is it just a matter of better equipment and/or leveling up? Any tips would be appreciated.

Vulcan
Ragelope

Postby Vulcan » Fri May 23, 2008 6:30 pm

The levels and the party you have are fine, I had nearly the exact same stats when I defeated her recently.

If your having trouble with her attacks even with Immunize then there might be a problem with your equipment, I'd recommend buying some defence boosting gear, at least for your front-line and Medic, (although there's no need to buy anything too expensive) also if your Defender has any Anti skills use them, especially Anti-Fire, or better still use an "All Mist" if you've unlocked one from Shilleka's. Some Theriaca A's will be helpful too to get rid of the Binds her attacks can inflict, and Theriaca B's for any status ailment she inflicts your party with ( I believe paralysis is the only one she uses).

Alraune main weakness is Fire, so have your Alchemist use Flame or Inferno. You could give your Landsknecht some Blaze Oil too, although it's not necessary. Bravery and Healing with your Troubadour and of course Immunize and Salve II with your Medic should enough to defeat her without too much trouble.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri May 23, 2008 9:56 pm

*Nods* Yeah, your levels are good. The problem is elsewhere. I was also about the same levels when I defeated her. That being said, though, she isn't easy.

I attacked with my main team:

L, P, M
A, A

And defeated her. My Immunize was on Level 1 (it was until I've had to defeat the final boss I finally rested her and put it up at 10).

[] - [] - [] - []

Zephyr
Ragelope

Postby Zephyr » Mon May 26, 2008 8:50 pm

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey”