EOII Rantage!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1013 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOII Rantage!

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:15 pm

Axcelas are terrible, my post doesn't take them into account. I hope the remaster does something about them or the overly broken Force skills >_>

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:13 am

I seem to have hit a wall with this one. I'm sure I'm just being impatient, but I can't seem to get past the Auburn Thicket quickly enough and I'm tired of it but I can't level my party quickly enough to power through it. Blah! So I started playing the demo of EOU2.
<_<;;

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue May 17, 2016 7:54 am

Boooo

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Tue May 17, 2016 6:30 pm

Haha, I'll get through it eventually! As I'll get through them all.

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:39 pm

It's a nice surprise ! :)

I'm having a lot of trouble against though… it's as if my party were underlevelled for it, except they're not far from 70 now :?

After trying to beat him “fairly” I thought I'd try the tactic mentioned on the previous page (using Axcelas → Dominate with my Dark Hunter), but he always uses Frigid on his first turn and one-shots my entire party before Dominate lands. Some may get revived with CPR, but it doesn't take long until they're wiped out again.

Can someone give me a few pointers? :oops:

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Use Ice Mists or a Protector with Anticold. Eating Frigid without any mitigation will end up killing you. If you're gonna use a Protector, you might as well use Perfect Guard as well since 100% damage immunity will also get around Frigid (And 0 Point, which Ice Mists iirc don't work on).

If you have Surv you can use 1st turn on the DH so that Dominate will go before he does anything. Dominate will always go at the the end of a turn since its speed modifier is abysmal. You could try and hope you get lucky landing Gag or Cranial but his resistance towards binds is extremely high, so you're better off using Dominate to inflict it.

Another way to deal with it is use a Gunner. Riot Shot has high priority and is guaranteed to inflict Stun, allowing you to skip the Frigid he uses on the 1st turn as well as safely get Dominate off. This requires Axcelas as well.

Lumnaya
Ragelope

Postby Lumnaya » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:16 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
1013 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”