EOII Rantage!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1013 posts
TeslaNewton
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Well, I finally started playing. Unfortunately, my password didn't work, so I couldn't get the Town Crown. :( I began and saved without a password though. I would be nice to have the boost, but I think I'll be ok without them.

[spoiler]"Here be dragons" I love that! I did the first mission without too much of a hitch, but I lost Devere the Ronin. Slept in the flower field and was waiting for Venomflys, but got +10hp & +10tp instead. Cool!

So far, my troupe is holding their own. I also did the first quest for the water. Marked the spot with the flower buds. Don't know if anything will happen there. Lost Onyx the Dark Hunter, so both Devere & Onyx are behind Tesla the Medic, Newton the Alchemist, and Bela the Gunner a bit, but not by much. So far, I'm liking the gunner. I'm going to give Devere the fire skill, and Newton is going to focus on Ice & Volt. I'm toying with Megiddo for him too. That seems wicked. I know TP is an issue with the Alchemist, so for now, I use his Ice spell sparingly. He's the Medica mule. :) The guard guy gave us 5 Medicas before cutting us loose. Those were handy.

So far, Devere is doing the most damage, with Onyx next, then Tesla & Bela about even. I did give Tesla Cure. I think everyone has Escape Up mastered. Those effing Moles beat the shit out of me! I'm all right with everything else, well, except for 3 Crawlers! Yeah, I've had a few game overs. :? I think everyone is now up to Level 2. Tonight I plan on finishing floor 1 and hope to move up to floor 2. I want to get those long pins for the leathersmith though. The en is always good. I love this game!!!!

Are Medicas better this time? 20en for 50hp seems like a really good deal. Tesla is a brawler, so it's nice to have the backup. She cures outside of battle. For now. :wink: I can't wait to play some more tonight![/spoiler]
Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Vapour Trail
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:02 pm

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:12 pm

Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:30 pm

13F and 14F brief summaries, EPIC floor 15 fights (Seriously!)
[spoiler]Well, Artelind pulled a oh hell moment out with some rather heavy bits of story just before I hit 13F.

13F was quite huge and took a few visits to fully map out. Other than that it wasn't too bad plowing through stuff.

14F wasn't too bad aside from a rather too close to call encounter with a Helldra. Attack that hits everyone for 230+ dmg and poisons? Ouch. I got lucky in running.

15F...this is where the fun began. Headed through a door, got a message telling me if I wanted to go back.

...Uh oh.

I went back of course seeing as though I found the shortcut to make it here quicker. Loaded up, saved, then took my lv32 party out to the area again.

More heavy story bits and...w-wait, I have to fight Artelind and Wilhelm? This is NOT going to end well :P.

It didn't end well for the first...I'd say 2-3 attempts. They both hit quite hard. Enough to kill someone from full HP if they were the target of both attacks.

On my winning attempt, I had to get lucky with my Gunner's Ricochet hitting Wilhelm many times (He was more dangerous with that Joyshot skill of his) coupled with spamming him with other attacks from other people.

Luck was on my side there. I managed to off Wilhelm with only one person being KO'd in the process. Got that person revived and healed, then took out Artelind without too much trouble.

After going back up to town to restock, rest at the inn, and save, I took a very very long route it seems to reach what would be the site for the most epic boss battle I've had in the EO series thus far.

Epic boss fight would be Scylla. First turn is ugly (Sleep chance vs all? Yikes). It just gets worse from there on. Cry Soul hits several times on random party members for roughly 240 dmg a hit at lv34. It can hit the same member more than once. Nobody had more than 350 or so HP. See where that could go xD?

Then there's Embrace. I think that's the right name. Bad accuracy, but when it hits...it's an instant kill at lv34 (Over 500 dmg to whomever it hits!), plus it can effect the entire party.

Six Sins... chance of random status ailment to the entire party I believe. I can't remember because my winning attempt was too epic for me to focus on that stuff xD.

Back to my attempts at Scylla...I got owned first try. Wasn't expecting a skill that could put party members to sleep, then have them be OHKO'd by Scylla. I didn't hold on long after that.

2nd attempt...bought accessories with sleep resistance for everyone, then walked back and attempted the boss fight again.

This time, it went better...then I saw its Embrace for the first time and said...

Me: "You. Bastard."

It wiped out...I think 3 characters on that casting (Ronin, Medic, and Alchemist). Thinking I was screwed again, but I decided to see if I could pull a hail mary out and live to the end of the battle. Had my Landsknecht use a Nectar on my Ronin, got lucky the Scylla used a normal phys attack on said Landsknecht...and lived thankfully (He was at full HP).

Next turn...it's a bit foggy in my mind, but I believe I had my Landsknecht use a Medica III on my Ronin, my Ronin attacked (Midareba I believe), and my Gunner revived my Alchemist. Scylla used Lullaby and managed to put my Landsknecht to sleep (uh oh).

Next turn...figured trying to revive my Medic would not be the best thing to do now and had everyone that could attack do so. Scylla uses Embrace and offs my Landsknecht with it (800 dmg or so because of being asleep. Dang xD).

Saw it low on HP, thought to myself "Screw it, I'm going all out on attacking. I'm probably dead anyway in a few turns, especially if Cry Soul is used.", then went all out. Six Sins was used, my Ronin got confused by it. Oh **** me!

Luckily, he didn't go for my Alchy or Gunner next turn. He attacked Scylla (But missed). OHKO'd by said Scylla afterwards he was.

Turn after that...either I was going to game over here or I was going to kill Scylla (It was very very low on HP).

Gunner attacked, Alchy used an elemental attack...and somehow, Scylla died after the elemental attack. That was WAY too close for comfort. Gunner and Alchy had less than 20 HP left, plus my Gunner had no TP at all. Close ain't it?

Going to have to do some leveling of the 3 KO'd characters to get them caught up to Gunner and Alchy, but the good news is that I hit the 4th Stratum. Yay :D![/spoiler]

Now, a question. For some reason last night after ending play for the day, a thought came into my mind. It made me think "If I already have my Gunner doing well at covering elemental attacks, is there any real reason to keep my Alchy around?".

I'm leaning towards taking her out for someone else, likely a Hexer. The debuffs and stuff like Poison and Torpor are quite useful, especially now when the average level is high enough to allow for good builds. Defense down debuffs would be real nice for high defense stuff. I might just do that and see how well it works out.

Another bonus, I've never used a Hexer extensively. Only for getting Chimaera's conditional drop, nothing more. It'd be awesome to try at the very least.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:34 pm

*Groans*

15 Floor Mid-Boss Battle
[spoiler]Anima, your post doesn't give me much faith. I wasted two Nectalls and some Amritas trying to bring down Artelind and Wilhelm. I got lucky with both as my Dark Hunter poisoned the both of them (NOW I understand why so many people love poison!)

I came out of the battle thinking - HOLY SHIT... I'm leveling up and putting more points in Vit Up. ... *is now doing some minor level grinding* Besides, I need to get my Gunner the new weapon that their drops opened up, so it's less grinding rather than money-collecting. *Is not looking forward to the boss battle*[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:19 pm

I will put my FFTA2 spoilers here.

Only about 30 minutes in but:

[spoiler]THE BAZAAR SYSTEM IS THE BEST! Seriously, this game may fail to impress many, but I have never played FFT, and I loved FFTA - I didn't even play cheap. Anyways On like 3rd mission[/spoiler]

shadowknight
RPG Admin

Postby shadowknight » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:29 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:35 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

shadowknight
RPG Admin

Postby shadowknight » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:40 pm

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:46 pm

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:17 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:25 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:29 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:30 am

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:31 am

1013 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”