EOII Rantage!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1013 posts
negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Only a minute? But there's almost eight whole minutes of climbing! The top is cool. :D

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 pm

My palms get all sweaty whenever I think of heights. So no free climbing for me.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:33 am

Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Drathi » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:13 am

Damn flying FOEs... =_= I had predicted it's path and everything, and STILL got caught, because of the random battle. XP I thought I could have made those last two steps.

I miss the all powerful allslash. Wildshot takes too much TP. XD

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:35 am

I played II first so I had no expectations. I'm going to buy EOI off ebay soon, as all the Gamestops in the city I called or asked said they hadn't seen a copy since it came out... I've only seen one copy ever, but I had just bought EOII and passed it up...

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:47 am

You could also try buying a European EO1 edition. Someone said they're still available, so it might be cheaper than the N-American edition.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:40 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:50 am

So i recieved my EOIII copy today.
The artbook made me want to play EOII right away in order to finish it at 100% before playing the drowned city.

So here i am with my Tx4 + H party, leveling like crazy. I remember why i put it away in the first place. Nonetheless i am determined to complete it now !

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:59 am

Leveling DONE !
I think i'm good to go, i may be overleveled far all i know.
Anyway, on my way to lv 29&30 with a party composed of

Ronin lv 85
War Magus lv 79
Dark Hunter (whip) lv 80
Gunner lv 80
Hexer lv 83

And with 5.5 millions ens. I should have enough money for spamming the best healing items at every random encounter...well, just maybe all FOE and boss encounters.

Aeiren
Bloodant

Postby Aeiren » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 pm

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:33 am

So, I finished the first stratum, but unfortunately, during the Boss fight, my Ronin got gang-banged by the FOEs and Boss... ; o ; And she's named after my best friend too... it was only fitting that the one with my name got the finishing Blow with Wild Shot(I had a few FOEs to take care of).

Thank GOD my hexer, Altessa, had Poison. XD

I fought them with an average level of 15. XD I figured that this was the first stratum, I beat Fenrir at level 15, so this should be no different... Then I forgot... I beat Fenrir with Immunize + Defender... XD

A few of the friends who got characters namd after them in the party got intrgued when I pretty much exclaime heir names.

"ALRIGHT, BRIGITTA! YOU SAVED OUR--Oh, damn it, they still killed Kris... D ; "

So, yeah, my Ronin's 2 levels lower than the rest of the party because of the game LOVING to screw with her. XD And what's worse is I'm n the 6th floor and everything's blindsiding me...

So, any advice on where to survive those three days on the fourth floor?

Aeiren
Bloodant

Postby Aeiren » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:57 pm

I camped the area before the stairs going up to B5F. I simply strafed along the walls continuously (L + R buttons). Pretty tiresome, if you ask me (as if waiting for 5 days in EO wasn't bad enough).

I made it through the whole thing with the following party:

Front:
Ronin (Maxed Kubiuchi and Shiraha)
Dark Hunter (Maxed Climax)
War Magus (Maxed Regenall, lvl 1 Cure, Maxed Venomcut)

Back:
Medic (lvl. 5 Patch Up, lvl 1. Cure, Maxed TP Up)
Hexer (Maxed Poison)

I had both the War Magus and Medic with those skills so I could easily conserve TP especially for healing, since I fought 95% of everything with Auto-battle. My Medic had 100+ TP anyways at that time and Cure lvl. 1 costs 3 TP. I only had 3 Nectars and one Medica. Probably not the best party and such, but it was pretty economical (EN wise) in sense to me.

I believe I did this mission with the entire party around lvl. 10. After the whole 3 days, entire party was around lvl. 15. :mrgreen:

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:58 pm

In EO1 you could wait out the required time in a spot without monsters.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

1013 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”