A new party

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:13 am

Kill the Flygourds, or whatever the purple FOE in the 4th stratum is called, while they're fully bound. This will cause them to drop their special item. Do this three times to unlock the whip you're talking about.

Isabelyes
Alraune
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Isabelyes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Three times?
...Totally bound?

...That sucks. Well, I'm gonna do it anyway.
Thanks for your help!

Rachel
Ragelope

Postby Rachel » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 am

So, I've just beaten Scylla, and had a LOT of trouble. My party was at level 38, and I didn't think I'd have to eke by so narrowly. Right now, my party is:

R P R
M H

And I'm really not happy with how things are, thinking of retiring everyone. My big beef is that my protector is kinda useless. She does crap damage, and is really only good for front guard to stop my ronin from getting 1-shotted. I rarely ever use my hexer except for foes and bosses, just doesn't make enough of a difference fighting normal stuff, and I've heard that a war magus is better than a medic if you have nectars. So I was thinking:

R DH L
W G

How useful are dark hunters? I didn't use 'em in the first game, if they can hit hard enough to lay on some hurt, that'd make them more useful than just status/bindings. And am I gonna NEED a protector for the postgame like in EO I?

[spoiler]afaik, it was pretty impossible to beat the dragons without antifire/ice/volt[/spoiler]

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:29 am

They'll be pretty handy in the Post-Game.
Also, Darkhunters can be pretty strong with Viper, which costs only 8 TP when maxed.
They also have Climax, an instant kill skill which, when maxed, kills almost every monster that has got 55% or less HP left!

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 am

Yeah, Dark Hunters mean that you just halved the HP of every FOE as long as the Dark Hunter is alive, Climax usually goes before the FOE after all.

I did the entire EOII Postgame without a protector, however I had a Dark Hunter, which works as well as a Protector. Bound enemies can't do their uber moves. :D

Worked well against those silly hydra enemies, for example, who are NASTY when their head isn't bound =3

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:07 pm

KitsuAccalia
Fenrir

Postby KitsuAccalia » Wed May 26, 2010 1:03 pm

Many things about the kitsune is mercurial, from their moods to their treatment of humans, to even the abilities some possess. Kitsune have a depth of personality as deep or even deeper than those of other Japanese characters. The reason for this, according to one source, is that the kitsune is the Trickster, in Japanese culture. They are there to teach those around them lessons.

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Wed May 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Wed May 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Thu May 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Sampson...
0_o why are you quoting yourself?

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Thu May 27, 2010 5:40 pm

No isa! It's a trap!!

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Thu May 27, 2010 5:58 pm

...Define 'trap', please ^-^

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Thu May 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Isabelyes
Alraune

Postby Isabelyes » Thu May 27, 2010 5:59 pm

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Thu May 27, 2010 6:28 pm

38 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”