Hazard Bud

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Cyrion
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hazard Bud

Postby Cyrion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:02 am

I'm trying to get this item and I just can't.

a) I know that the Petaloid is supposed to drop it after an "instant kill".
b) I have "instant killed" it quite a few times (I get the message) with Issen.
c) What I have done is get the force bar up to Issen status, save at the 21st floor field, and go down to the 20th floor to find the beggars. If it doesn't work I turn the ds off and reload from the save point and try again.
d) I have the Ronin go for the Issen and have everybody else defend (btw the Ronin has the third attack)
d) It always drops a Hazard Eye about 50 times, even on a pre-emptive strike

Is there something wrong I am doing? Should I be trying the Climax? Unfortunately I put all my points into the Swords with my DH and I don't have Climax.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:43 am

If Issen kills them (that is, the damage component of it) then you don't get the drop. This is even if the Instant Death effect is triggered since that applies after the damage.

Your best bet is a Climax DH (either Rest yours or just retrain one to it) or Hexer's Caprice and hope the Death (highest priority) effect triggers.

Cyrion
Ragelope

Postby Cyrion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:14 am

Thanks, that explains it. But why is trader girl telling me to use Issen then?! Silly twit. (Is this a bug?) Anyway, I just retired my DH so I will put points into both swords and whips. (I love that drain so I must have swords.)

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:32 am

Issen will work for it ... assuming you hit for less than 316 Damage anyway.

It also may just be a bug with the ID effect being applied after damage but it does have to land for the effect to work so I'd guess it's working as intended. ID is a status effect just like every other in the game and those aren't applied if the target is dead.

Cyrion
Ragelope

Postby Cyrion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:11 am

Thanks, I didn't realize the damage death took precedence over the instant kill death.

So I took your advice and sure enough I got me a dandy Hazard Bud with Climax, heh heh. I think it will be fun switching back and forth with a sword and a whip for the DH.

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”