Movement/encounter Glitch on 1F

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
negzee
ItL's resident princess

Movement/encounter Glitch on 1F

Postby negzee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:36 am

I'd like to note a little glitch I found on 1F. I'm not sure if it was just me, though, since it no longer manifested once I passed the first stratum iirc.

So, on 1F, at the intersection of three paths in block B3 (exact tile: B3-C5), I noticed that simply spinning around on that one tile would cause the glowy encounter indicator on the right to change as if I were taking steps. This ended up being a very handy way to level in the early game, as spinning around apparently resulted in more encounters and it was convenient in that I didn't have to keep turning around at the end of hallways while walking around looking for fights. I just held down right/left and spun around to get an encounter within a few seconds.

Would anyone on the first stratum care to confirm?

Apolloncrash
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Apolloncrash » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:10 am

Sorry for the necro, but I just thought I'd tell you that I'm still on the first Stratum (highest I've gotten is 3F) and I've just tried this. Unfortunatley it didn't work, and I tried it on every tile in B3 & B4 (and on the tiles in that area that go over into C3 & C4).
Don't Die.

Phage
Ragelope

Postby Phage » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Just tried this in my game, but it didn't do anything. Of course I am no longer in the first stratum anyway.

I did have a similar glitch though, except much later in the game, on F[hide]24[/hide]. The only difference was that EVERY tile on the floor acted like the one you mentioned, negzee. I first noticed it when FOEs started sneaking up on me with lightning speed. I realized it was because I keep spinning around to check the walls, and every time I rotated they would take another step. Rotating would make the little encounter indicator go up too. It really sucked because I was trying to map out the floor at the time, and everything was attacking me every couple of seconds it seemed. And since the whole floor was like that, I thought the developers had done it on purpose to make everything harder! But then when I when I left and then came back to the floor, movement had returned to normal. I really wish I had paid more attention to the circumstances, like what quests I had at the time and stuff (because as I recall some of the quests are a little bugged), but like I said I thought it was by design.

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”