No FOE experience!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
15 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Soham
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

No FOE experience!

Postby Soham » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:16 am

I just started my first game of EO2, bit late to the game I know. Anyway, as probably discussed to death by now, I just killed the first FOE and didn't get any experience!!! My heart sunk just now....I can't imagine why I would even go to the bother of fighting them now (probably only out of necessity to pass certain areas). Do they at least drop items? I'm considering grabbing EO3 right now as I've heard FOE experience is back in town. I'm really scratching my head as to why Atlus would do this...

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:45 am

Pretty sure they drop items. But yeah I felt the same way, especially after grinding on them in EOI so much.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:09 am

I would assume its to encourage avoiding them instead of slaying every single one in sight. You get all these items and skills to help with this after all. And not to forget, EOII does have some of the harder FOEs in the series (Beamedges and Gourds in particular).

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:53 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:49 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:54 pm

-PLA

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Soham
Ragelope

Postby Soham » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 pm

I'll get over it I guess :? I just had to let out the initial shock, hence the thread. I felt so naked, all five of us barely alive with no rewards for our efforts. I won't deny it...it's a harsh change to EO1. But now you've explained the reasoning behind it Scy, I'm tempted to push on. Thanks :)
Last edited by Soham on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Medicforhire
Ragelope

Postby Medicforhire » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Their healing arts help support the party.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:55 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:41 am

Quests I can see people griping about, as there is no exp and only one crappy item, but I had no problem with foes.

-PLA

Medicforhire
Ragelope

Postby Medicforhire » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:09 am

Heh, now I remembered. I shot up quick a few levels just wondering around grinding on normal enemies while on the same time knocking out some of the exploring done for each stratum and when I was done with the stratum I may have just a few days left before each boss respawns so I rest at the Inn for a few days(with the money acquired from countless looting, barely a dent) and then return to the previous stratum and kill off the boss again. It helped a bit to get those extra points in for the skills needed on and now with newer skills they became much easier.

Also, strangely I have never done a quest ever in this game. A part of me just don't feel like it :?
Their healing arts help support the party.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:27 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:34 am

-PLA

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:06 am

15 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”