So I finally got EOII...

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Apolloncrash
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Apolloncrash » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:48 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Apolloncrash
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Apolloncrash » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 am

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 am

Sorry for the double post, but I would just like to add that I defeated [hide]Salamox[/hide] last night and that fight has made me really appreciate how awesome the Hexer is (plus Riot Gun/Dominate). He was pretty annoying though, since in only 5 out of about 30 tries I wasn't blindsided and killed instantly. The first attempt was a failure, since I simply didn't have enough damage output to kill him before Dominate wore off, so I went and killed the first boss and gained a level or two. My next two non-blindsided attepts, Riot Gun missed and he, again, killed the party instantly. The next time, I hit with Dominate but the head binding wore off after one turn, so I used Invoke then he killed everyone except my Hexer and Dark Hunter, who were left bound and on low, single digit health. Needless to say I lost that fight. Thankfully, next try Dominate decided to stick around for a few turns and I killed him.

Given how stupidly powerful he is for this point in the game (especially for someone without a Hexer, Gunner or Dark Hunter) and the dialogue from everyone in town afterwards, I guess you would be supposed to get behind him somehow, but the bastard never moved regardless of where I walked, so I fought him and after seeing how close I got to winning, decided to just kill him.

Also, after buying that sword, my War Magus has by far the highest ATK out of all my party members XD.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:53 am

With most FOES, when neccessary, I can get them to follow me by getting 1-2 tiles aways from them, but with [hide]Salamox[/hide], when I go 2 tiles away (on either side) he just ignores me and won't budge. When I go adjacent to him, he walks into me and we fight.

alexpk86
Bloodant

Postby alexpk86 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:57 am

That battle should be for Lv50+ parties (much like EO1's Wyvern), but yeah Revenge owns.
"Who are you people and where's my horse?"

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:11 am

At the moment my Hexer (level 33) has 360 HP. It's kind of scary to think how much damage Revenge will do once that eventually becomes 999 HP.

Oh, and just because I can, my party levels when I fought [hide]Salamox[/hide]:

Ronin: 30 Dark Hunter: 30 War Magus: 29
Hexer: 30 Gunner: 32

They were a little lower on my first attempt, but I only needed 1 more level to master Midareba on my Ronin and HP Up on my Hexer. Which it turns out, as I suspected, was enough to give me the damage output needed to win.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:13 am

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:13 am

I don't like using broken skills either, but my perfectionist nature demands that I have the strongest party with the strongest builds, and that in combat I always use them to their fullest potential.

Also, I must say that the music in this game is better than I'd first thought. The regular battle music has really grown on me (though I still like the first game's better) and the regular boss music is on par with the first EO's. Even though I've only just started it (literally a couple of minutes ago) the third stratum also has very fitting music.

Even though I still prefer the first game overall, I now like this game alot more than I did when I made this topic. I will say, that when going back to the original, which I just tried a second ago, you really appreciate the interface improvments (still annoyed they got rid of the good status screen skill list though).

I don't want to end on a negative note, but there are two more things about this game that are annoying me now. Firstly, the game lags. Not a big issue, since I usually stare at the bottom screen, only looking up to check if there is anything to interact with on the tile or to find a FOE's position, but still mildy annoying. Secondly, those new FOEs that don't show up your map, even if you have walked on that tile. I like things to be hard and unfair in games, but that is just cruel.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:31 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:27 am

[] - [] - [] - []

41 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”