Playing EO2 again...

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Drathi
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Playing EO2 again...

Postby Drathi » Fri May 25, 2012 4:32 pm

So, I started my EO2 game again from before and I'm looking through my skills. xD When I first joined here, I was almost done with the original EO and said I wanted continuity, so I have my paladin handling things.

So, where should I invest my points for my party next? Here are the ones I have maxed:

Paladin- Smite
Ronin- Midebara
Gunner- Double Hit, Wild Shot
War Magus- Warmight, Transfer, Curse Cut, Regenall (useless skill, in retrospect, but it adds up over time)
Hexer- Torpor, Poison, Corrupt

I'll have to wait for my DS to be charged to check up the rest, but I'm debating on these skills for my Gunner and Ronin:

There's this one skill that has the chance to nullify any attacks directed at my ronin. I don't know how useful it is in practice, but the description sounds like it'd be perfect. Especially for a glass cannon, like the Ronin.

Medishot for my Gunner. Generally, healing duty falls to my Warmagus. I guess it'd be good to have, if she got hit by something. Is binding also considered a status effect?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Playing EO2 again...

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Protector - F. Guard should be your next priority, it really helps cut down the damage your party takes. Its especially useful against Colossus.

Ronin - Dead Law is a good damage buff but IIRC you need that maxed to get Midareba in the first place. Orochi or Kienzan might be the next vest choice or you could work on those damage nullifying skills.

Gunner - Ricochet, Medishot. They're the bread and butter of any Gunner.

War Magus - You did get the healing skills... right?

Hexer - Dampen or Frailty to make your party deal more damage. Revenge or Evil Eye and Suicide will give your Hexer an attack move.

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Fri May 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Yeah, I got Salve, Cure and Cure II. I just did not max them for TP conservation reasons.

I do have Dead Law(requirement for Midebara), but can it stack with Warmight? For awhile, I've been just buffing my ronin to make her do almost 200 damage per hit.

And my deal with giving my hexer Revenge that she's back line. xD The ones I see get hit the most back there hapens to usually be the war magus.

I did give my Gunner Fireshot--like one rank in it-- early on. How often will I need to rely on elemental weaknesses? There won't be an iron crab moment later, will there?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Drathi
Manticor

Postby Drathi » Sat May 26, 2012 6:38 pm

As for my other skills, I'm wondering if Weakshot would also be worthwhile investing in, after Medishot and Richochet. It says it raises my critical chance and considering how I already maxed Double Hit, having two crits in a row would be amazing and really cut down on my Gunner's TP consumption.

And I switched my War Magus to the front line, and even with F. Guard up (well, I only have 1 rank in it, so far, so that might be one reason for this) she gets the shit kicked out of her in the front. xD

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”