Today I start EO II

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
15 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Reebot
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Today I start EO II

Postby Reebot » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Yes, I start today. I am in front of Etreant in EO, but a bug at the game turns in a black screen. While I try to solve that I am starting EO II, changing chars of EO(I used Protector, Landsknetch, Medic, Alchemistx2).
Now i'm going to play this way.

-Vossler -> Protector
-Busujima -> Ronin
-Gilliam -> War Magus
-Indie - > Gunner
-Honorio -> Hexer

The problem is that in my country(Spain), only EO has been released so I have to play it in english(not a trouble) but I would like to buy it(let's see if i go to USA someday).
Let's see how it goes. ;)
Heart Breaker & Life Taker

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Re: Today I start EO II

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Good luck! =D

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:36 am

Buena Suerte!

If you hadn't already noticed, War Magus (sword focus) goes very very well with Hexer, good choices. Only downside is only Medics get revive....... (yay nectars!)

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:20 am

And then you realize that early on nectars DEVOUR your money supply.

You get quite a few from chest, so just remember to bring your warp wire every time, because once one person falls the rest of the team will fall soon after.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:25 am

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:40 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:58 am

Always carry at least two warp wires. Because eventually you'll forget to restock, and you will be sooooo glad you carried a spare when that happens. And so dead if you didn't.

I, uh, speak from personal experience. (From I and III.)

Reebot
Ragelope

Postby Reebot » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Geadin
Ragelope

Postby Geadin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 pm

I started playing recently as well....I have no idea what I'm doing and haven't made it past the third floor, but I'm addicted :)

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:30 am

Brings a tear to my eye seeing new people say they're playing EO 2 T^T They're in for a ride of their lives >:)

Geadin
Ragelope

Postby Geadin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:20 pm

So, being the newbie that I am...I keep reading about FM music. What's the difference between FM music and just regular music?

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Wikipedia:
Basically it's a way of producing real instrument-like sounds from the simple beepy noises that sound chips produce. The music has a different sound from that made with real instruments (or canned versions thereof produced by modern synthesizers). Some people prefer this sound, out of nostalgia or just taste. See also Wikipedia: and .

The music for the Etrian Odyssey series was made by Yuuzou Koshiro, a composer well-known for his FM-synthesis style from earlier games. The OSTs of the first three games in the series contain the music in two styles, one as in the game and one in an FM style. It seems that this has been dropped for the OST of the fourth game, which contains only the regular style.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Geadin
Ragelope

Postby Geadin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:46 am

aaaah, I was thinking fm as in modulation of electromagnetic waves lol. Thanks for the response :)

Reebot
Ragelope

Postby Reebot » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Well I wrote the first post starting EO 2 JUL 11 2012. I can say that I finished the game at October. I did not write anything new, but is the best Etrian Odyssey, even better that EO 3, that I started to play few days ago.

-Pluto -> Beast
-Busujima -> Ronin
-Gilliam -> War Magus
-Indie - > Gunner
-Honorio -> Hexer

I think that the Ronin and the Hexer were the best and Overpowered characters, comparing to EO 1, where they sucked hard.
I don't like EO3 and I'm thiking about restarting EO 2.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Why restart? You seem to be doing a good job.

And as a fan of EO3, I can see why you don't like it. Are you ready for EO4 though?

15 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”