EOII Rantage!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1013 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

EOII Rantage!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:46 am

Please, spoilers must go in the spoiler tags and include which floors and stratums you are including in these dicussions. Basically, this is your spot to rant and chat about your experiences in the game - including the many times you've forgotten your Warp Wire... AGAIN.

Floors 1 & 2
[spoiler]
SO! I have floors 1 and 2 mapped as much as I can, though experience with the last game has taught me that I'm probably still missing some "secret sections" that will only open when I reach the next stratum or take paths back-tracking from higher floors.

First: I LOVE that the game seems to have more interaction already. On Floor 2, the four individual warps that required certain classes - XD it was awesome! I could almost imagine my characters conversing with each other about it. I think the best one was the Alchemist's.

Things I don't like: the FPS seems a little... strange when FOEs are flitting into view when you turn. Meh, but not so much that it's annoying. I'm just a little picky about this, but it's certainly not going to ruin my experience.

-_-; My guys are level 10 or so and I still have not managed to kill my first FOE. HOLY SHIT they are hard.

Game Overs thus far: 3. 1... :3 the Venomflies... I handled them but... the next monster that attacked me took me out in my weakened state. It was such a stupid thing to do. 2. DAMN DEER!! 3. NOT AGAIN! "4": Not really, I saved and did it on purpose... I took on the FOE on the first floor. Pffft...

<3 However, I must say that the first time I got the Game Over, my heart skipped. It was like "YES! HERE WE GO AGAIN!"
[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

Akarshi
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Akarshi » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Floor 1 done and starting Floor 2
[spoiler]I just finished Floor 1 and am currently mapping out Floor 2. It's great so far. I don't know why, but it sort of feels like a follow up or something of the first game. Well, yeah, it IS a follow up, but...whatever, I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

I didn't rest in the Venomfly place, but I got attacked by them anyway. T_T I managed to survive that encounter and my medic healed the party all up. We were pretty weakened, though, and our ronin died in the next battle. Speaking of my ronin character, she dies pretty much all the time. I've gotten so tired of it that I spent two skills points in Vit Up. Also, I kept my Ronin in character and made her throw a fit about falling behind the other characters and made her go into the labyrinth and fight some monsters with some throwaway characters to make up for all of her dying times. She's happy now. =3

I couldn't figure out how to get a warp wire for the longest time. Then, I found out that you had to talk to the girl. Saved me a lot of trouble, it did, when my party was in trouble. Also, I can't find a bent twig anywhere.

I've gotten all nice and attached to my party too, making backstories and personalities for them. My characters are currently level 4, and I haven't gotten any game overs yet...yet being the key word here. XD
[/spoiler]

danaru
RPG Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby danaru » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:46 pm

Best advice for the game that isn't a spoiler (and this is towards Akarshi): talk to ALL the townspeople whenever you reach a new floor. They not only play out some humorous dialogue but give some good advice once in a while.

Floor 3
[spoiler]Well, ok, I lied last night. My guys were at level 8, but when I hit level 10 I was able to take out the FOE on the first floor and managed to defeat ONE Furyhorn. ... Furylord pwned me, though... I first freed the soldier by using the bell and then saved and tried to take him on, so it was no big loss when he killed me.

I'm having fun with the floor colors, though. It gives me a way to map out the FOE paths. :3 In the first game, I would put extra FOE icons and then trash them when they were no longer necessary (when I could defeat the FOE).

*Sigh* Money is such an issue. If I took some time and put together a Survivalist party and worked on leveling them up, I'm sure it wouldn't be such a big problem. However, the though of getting attacked while farming is... unbearable. Even now the Lef-whatsit takes out some of my main party and they are at levels 10+ (I think 13?). [/spoiler]

STARTING Floor 4
[spoiler]o_o; Blue FOE... .... :\ I don't even wanna know what's in that force field at the moment. Just his little trick is... disturbing. ... ^_^; will I be able to survive this game?[/spoiler]

I'm so glad I don't have work today. I've been playing all day!!

LOL about your guys' ronins. I'm pretty comfy with my Dark Hunter. Though, I really do think I'm going to trade him out and put my a Survivalist in. I just need the en right now.

[] - [] - [] - []

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:17 pm

I've been following this website for a while now, and the above info finally broke me down. :) I so cannot wait to get this. I've already preordered from Amazon and placed another order through Target this morning! It's painful reading these spoilers, and I cannot wait to start playing. Feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place. I won't post in this thread until I have something to contribute!
Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:39 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:41 am

I've been playing other games since I finished the import version already. I did play for a little while yesterday, however. Only got to the second floor, party is at level 6. Started working on my farming team, which is now at level 3 with 5 points in Take except for my Medic who only has 3 points in that skill. Then I quit to play Ouendan 2 some more haha. I'm sure I'll get back into this again soon, though.

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:39 pm

Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Yowza
Ragelope

Re: EOII Rantage!

Postby Yowza » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Floor 1: Dino-mite
[spoiler]
That dinosaur like FOE sitting still in floor 1 got wasted by a good back attack with a level 5 party, though I was discouraged to not get an item from it (hearing that they don't give exp anymore, but rare/rarer items now), but when I went to report it to that monstrous codex there weren't any ???'s under the item list so I guess I'll just climb higher for rare drops :P

Also it's funny that I used the talk command on everyone in town BEFORE I got the citizenship thing from mapping 1F so I didn't get a warp wire until a few hours in. Not that I needed it though, my RL, MSG don't even need healing so far[/spoiler]

Edit (2F/3F)
[spoiler]
That squirrel or something took my warp wire on floor 2 but luckily I had a spare, though I was walking down from the mission on floor 3 anyways so it wasn't much of a "dastardly" surprise, still clever though[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: EOII Rantage!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:55 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:38 pm

Oh man do I miss having a Protector as a back-up healer! The War Magnus isn't doing it for me, all the TP attack skills require a status ailment which isn't how I like to play. I'm really disappointed in that class...

I did my Alchemist in Ice this time, though, instead of fire. Just... because.
I picked up a Gunner... really liking that class, but it makes my back row a bit crammed. I liked the 3 front/2 back I had in EO.
Right now I've got a Landsknecht/Protector set in the front and a Gunner, Medic and Alchemist in the back. I really don't want to switch to a L/P/L set up like I did for EO, but man was it ever so effective in the first few levels. I'm thinking L/P/R ... hm, I'll have to play around with it a bit more.

[spoiler]I died so incredibly quick you have no idea. It was embarrassing! I was down to just my Medic but I realized I could make it to the stairs... and then the guard wouldn't let me through! I restarted and reconfigured my party to what's above and made it through just fine, even with the Venomflies! Soon as I saw that meadow I was all "Aw, hell no..."[/spoiler]

ETA: What's with the basic Ice attack costing 8 TP? I loved the 5 TP Fire with Fire Up at 10. I was doing 80-100 damage on FOEs with that sucker! It doesn't seem to be any more potent, just more costly.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:38 am

Kino - try this: Put your Medic up front. Believe me, she can take it. I had her up front in EO and now in this one.

Yeah, I looked over the War Magus and so a lot of those abilities require a Hexer in the party. Not really my style, either.

In EO I had this set up:

L, P, M
A, A

This game it's

P, M, DH,
G, A

*Pouts* All of the skills eat up a lot of TP! *Cries* Wait until you see what Salve starts at! :(

[] - [] - [] - []

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:35 am

What surprised me was the stability required to really get going, I have just stabilized for Floor 1, at lvl 3. Of cource I am using a pretty funky
DH P
G W S

heavily using P's HP regen and W's regenall and Using G/S for damage , and DH mainly for stat effects. -

[spoiler]Btw, is viper more powerful or wat? [/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:44 am

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:03 am

[spoiler]lol, a freakin' squirrel made off with one of my warp wires on 2F XD
I would've been SO pissed if I didn't have a backup.
I think I'll start packing more of those, you know, just in case >_>[/spoiler]

[EDIT]:

Another glitch (like no one saw that coming) >_>

I sold 3 Hedgehog furs, and then the shop randomly gave me:
* [Hisemaru]
- ATK+192
- Type: Ice

This was the second best Katana in EO, so why would I get this by selling a few meaningless items? >_>
(mind you, the farthest I've gotten in EOII is 2F) XD

1013 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”