EOII Rantage!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1013 posts
Liferake
Hunter

Re: EOII Rantage!

Postby Liferake » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Alright, more misadventures of me. Wondering around the fifth stratum looking for Ebony Wings are whatever they're called so I can revenge them to death and get a coal skull for a quest. As I wonder around I get to the area where you can find them semi-frequently, I use a beast bell to raise the encounter rate. After a few Nozzuchi and mandrake sets I get what I want. Now, On the way out, thinking I could reach the stairs before another fight (Forgetting completely that a beast bell is active) I get Blindsidded by 2 Mandrakes and a Nozzuchi, and this happens:

Enemeies appear! BLINDSIDED!
Mandrake used Scream!
Linda Died Instantly! (Medic is now dead)
Eric Died Instantly! (Dark Hunter is now dead)
No effect! (Landsnekt Lives)
Anna Died Instantly! (Hexer is now dead)
Shelby Died Instantly! (Gunner is now dead)
Mandrake Attacks! (Deals 83 Damage)
Nozzuchi uses Tail Sash
No effect
No effect
Legs are sealed! Head is sealed!
No effect
No effect
Turn 2:
Gandra uses Nectall! People revive.
Mandrake uses Scream! Everybody Dies.

FML.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Blindsides are the worst in EOII. They were bad in EOI but never THIS bad.

Hell, the 4th strata is mostly made up of enemies who take advantage of blindsides. Pretaloids, Venombugs and Big Moths! Oh my!

Katt
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Katt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 am

Emrin
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Emrin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:41 pm

Since I have little self control I decided to pick up EO 2 again. I haven't fully cleared EO 1 but I couldn't wait any longer. This time around I decided to go with a Ronin. I've never liked the Ronin class but I gave them a shot. They're not that bad. Little defense but nice damage output so far. Those Woodmais never stand a chance hahaha.

Also, stances. What's up with them? I put one point in Iai and 1 point in Kubiuchi. I figured that once I did that, I would have to always first do Iai and then I'd be able to use Kubiuchi. But nay. Now, does that rule apply once you have 2 or more stances available and you wanna use skills that require different stances? I always put Ronins away from my teams cause I thought you would always have to perform a stance if you wanted to use skills; regardless of whether or not the skills were from different stances. I didn't wanna attack, stance, attack, stance and on and on.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:28 am

They're just passive skills now, you don't need to enter any stances to use any of the skills the Ronin has. You will probably be spending a turn to use Dead Law anyway. Think of that as your stance skill I guess =/
Last edited by Wolkenritter on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Hahaha okay, thanks.

And on a side note... did anyone else make this comparison?

I have that Ronin on my team and both of these ladies share the same name :3

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:42 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:22 am

It's got the classes of EO2 (with tweaks), but a lot updates to dungeon exploration. (L/R to move sideways, multiples colors for mapping the ground, arrows, etc.) I haven't gotten very far, since I decided to beat EO1 first, but what I say looked solid.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:22 pm

Also, the fourth stratum is beautiful, both visually and musically. Not that the others are bad or anything.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:25 am

MAYHAPS I'LL PLAY SOME EOII TONIGHT

HRM

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 pm

Restarted, made my guild, (Zygos, as usual...) and made a 3-party team. We have Zamisk the Ronin, Diam the Protector, and Morgan the Magus. They died in their first fight, but on the second attempt made it out of the labyrinth. Now they're level 3 and kicking all kinds of ass. I might replace the protector with a hexer when the going gets tough and I need to use magic, but for now these three can barely survive without her.

Edit: Diam is now a Dark Hunter. Trying to get her to a similar level tot the other two...

Side note: one thing I hope they add in the re-print is alternate colors, but I doubt it would happen...

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:48 am

EO4 has inspired to make an elemental based guild... which is likely doomed to never get past the 15th floor (For obvious reasons).

Senna - Ronin
Dead Law and Raizuki/Orochi/Hyosetsu. I'll probably have a lot of leftover points so I might grab Clarity and Shiraha as well.

Aselia - Landsknect
War Cry and Blazer/Freezer/Shocker. I'll have a lot of free points to spend so I might grab Counter as well.

Selene - War Magus
Healbot, also Warmight. ... Might consider Rockskin since the defense penalties from War Cry and Dead Law might hurt... nah.

Makomo - Alchemist
Thunder/Freeze/Flame... not sure if I'll have enough points for all three... we'll see.

Eryth - Gunner
Medishot as well as Riskfire/Riskice/Riskvolt.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Ladybug summoned allies!
Raflesia appeared!

Good times!

On another note, killed the Gashtor. Two turn victory... but it came at the cost of my War Magi's life. His Fangs skill... killed her in one hit... that has to be a bad omen...

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Mole-chan I....

1013 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”