EOII Rantage!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1013 posts
isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOII Rantage!

Postby isometric » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:35 am

Jinggo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Jinggo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:46 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:00 am

Lethen
Ragelope

Postby Lethen » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:26 am

I completely forgot about rest! Thanks for the advice, I'll look into using smite.

Raskol
Ragelope

Postby Raskol » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:32 am

So I was trying out the postgame and I was wondering if there's a way to mitigate the damage of Dragon's blow. I killed the boss, but it was pretty much depending on luck (my protector was spamming All Guard every turn and I was praying he didn't use Voltage) and that just doesn't feel alright.

Also how hard are Wyrm and Briaerus compared to the other endgame bosses.

Thanks in advance.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Volt Mists and accessories that reduce Volt damage (Volt Wall, Magic Wall) will lower Voltage's damage. Alternatively, you can use Antivolt every turn instead. Phys Walls will provide a similar damage reduction from his physical attacks.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:39 pm

I picked this game up again, and last time I played I got a 3-man party up to level 10. I'm continuing it, just hit 4F at level 14's.

I die way too much.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:11 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:28 am

Ronin/Dark Hunter/War Magus but I'm switching the DH to a Beast once I kill the first boss. I like a challenge, and I didn't want to abuse the Hexer and now I've decided not to go the easy route with the Dark Hunter.

It blows my mind that people solo this game.

-PLA

SpacemanDan
Ragelope

Postby SpacemanDan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:08 am

So I finally got around to this. Made it to the first boss and holy crap I got stomped hard. ._. I imagine I need to grind a bit. Though is there a way to draw out those FOEs in the area? Does that bell you get earlier work on them? If so, I would think it'd make the fight with the boss a little easier. ._.

I'm running -
Dark Hunter/Ronin/Protector
Gunner/War Magus

I'm trying to run something completely different than the team I went with in EO I. The one exception was Protector. I'm not sure why myself. ._. Seemed like a solid choice I guess. X3 Am I going to run into horrible snares with a team like this or should I be okay? Like EO 1 and 4, I'm aiming to get a full 100%. So we'll see how this goes! :)

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:31 am

I don't think you can, because they only spawn when you are in the boss fight.

That party will be just fine. Plenty of damage output, which works best in this game. You have to kill stuff quickly rather than rely on defence. The protector isn't necessary until postgame.

-PLA

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Your party is exactly like the one I first beat the game with. You should be fine.

As for Chimera, recommended level is 18. Ideally you should be able to kill him before the Slaveimps join in on the party. You can use a bell to draw them out though and pick them off before taking on the boss though.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:45 am

SpacemanDan
Ragelope

Postby SpacemanDan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:19 am

Thanks for the advice everyone! Very much appreciated! :3

My party was around the 15 mark if I'm remembering correctly, so that'll explain the utter destruction. XD I've still got a few quests to go do, so I'll probably do my grinding while I'm trying to get those done.

The builds I'm running are similar to what you've mentioned, Isometric, though I may need to rest some of my characters to better optimize them. I'm really grateful that resting isn't 10 levels like the previous game. ._.

EDIT: After doing a bunch of quests, my party is at least level 20 now. The one where you have to stay on the 4th floor for 3 days definitely gave me the push I needed to grind. XD At this point, I'm only missing 3 quests out of what I can do, 1 of which I need access to the 2nd stratum to do from the looks of it.

After taking care of two quests, I'll be taking on the boss again to exact revenge. >:D

SpacemanDan
Ragelope

Postby SpacemanDan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:38 pm

So since I've last posted here, I've made it to the 6th stratum and done a vast majority of the quests. I'm doing a few new quests I got before really doing much with it though.

I have some questions though, since my knowledge from EO I is doing me very little good and I'm not finding much info on the matter.

Post Game boss stuff:

Current party

How does this party look? Any recommendations on if/how I need to rearrange points?

1013 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”