EOII Rantage!

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1013 posts
isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOII Rantage!

Postby isometric » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Last edited by isometric on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpacemanDan
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SpacemanDan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:21 am

I rested up my Dark Hunter and tried out Bait/Magibait...

...How did I get through the game without this?! O_O It also doesn't do anything close as to what I thought it did - I always though it was similar to Provoke, except the Dark Hunter uses someone else to have the enemy focus their attacks on as bait.

I've got the Dominator available for purchase now. I just need to get the money for it. >_<

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction here! Never would have known how great Bait/Magibait was otherwise. ._.

Also...
Last edited by SpacemanDan on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:16 am

SpacemanDan
Ragelope

Postby SpacemanDan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:18 am

Awesome! Thank you so much for the help! :3

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:13 am

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:10 pm

After a long EO2 break, I decided to continue. Just arrived at the 20th floor now and I'm expecting a boss battle soon. At some point, I decided to rest my whole party once for minor adjustments, so now they're around level 45/46 (losing 5 levels sucks quite a bit). Should I go grind and level them up to 50 to be ready for the next boss? Or any tips in general?
My party setup which I'm pretty satisfied with:

Protector (Antis, Front Guard, Smite); Ronin (Midareba, fire skills)
Alchemist (ice and volt skills); Hexer (poison and evil eye mainly); Medic (regular healer)

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Okay, nevermind. Tackled the boss at lvl 49 and won after the second try.
It was a typical "kill it before it kills you" encounter with some use of ailment cleansing. :D

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:56 am

So, I'm slowly climbing my way up to the top of the Heavenly Keep (mapping those floors is kind of fun), and I even beat Colossus on my second try mainly thanks to Evil Eye applying Terror three times in a row.
I read that the only way to raise your level cap one by one after 70 is to retire your explorers. Is this necessary for post-game content or will I be fine with a 70's party?

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Levels don't matter! EOII's post-game works the following way:

Do you have a Protector?

If yes, you can beat everything.

If no, you can't beat anything,

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:13 pm

In that case: Yes, I can beat everything, hurray!
Thanks for the reply.

SpacemanDan
Ragelope

Postby SpacemanDan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:02 am

Welp, as of today I've achieved 100% on this. The final battle was intense too. (I left the last monster and item for the the last floor's boss) It was a matter of 'I'm out of supplies. If this thing doesn't go down this turn, I'm done for.' Lots of fun! :3

Now to wait for the remake to come around to do it all over again. x3 (But seriously, onward to EO III in the very near future! :D)

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:55 am

Way to go!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:33 am

Congrats :)

I've yet to omplete any EO game.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:25 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:10 am

1013 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”