Geadin's current game

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Geadin
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Geadin's current game

Postby Geadin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:30 am

so I've been enjoying EQII so far, but it seems too easy. I haven't been using skills and only been attacking every mob I see and winning. I've yet to beat the game yet, but is it common to just auto all the way through the game?

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Re: Geadin's current game

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 am

Like you haven't been using skills at all period?

Geadin
Ragelope

Postby Geadin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 pm

I haven't. I was hoping to be using auxiliary items with more drawn out battles, or hexers to weaken the monsters then own them with fighter types, but all I've been doing is using auto and mastering things like swords/axes. I do have a medic with patch up mastered and that seems to do most of the healing. I am enjoying the game, but I kind of wish there was more too it, maybe auxiliary items and skills are for FOE's only? I haven't fought them often.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:30 am

Hm. I haven't played EO2 all that much (only gotten to the second floor if memory serves), but my experiences with it and EO1 are not like that at all. Maybe you've overleveled? I've a lot more expeience with EO1, but I'm not sure how comparable the two are.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:23 am

In the Early Game where all normal mobs bar Rafaelia (You may or may not be familiar with this thing yet) are pretty easy, its pretty normal to auto fights. Once you hit later in the early game you're probably going to transition to using skills.

Otherwise it just depends on your team, if you pack a bunch of heavy hitters the normal mobs may be easy to take down without skill assistance. The "Wake-up Call" 1st stratum boss and the FOEs should wake you up though.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:37 am

Auto battle is for kiddies. Real players fight every battle seriously.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Geadin
Ragelope

Postby Geadin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:11 am

the first strata boss was fun, I like how the foes kept joining him, I just targeted them first and well.. that was that. I have noticed that if you just select attack for each character instead of auto it is significantly slower to be executed from character to character. I think I'm over leveled for where I'm at. currently I'm using two fighters, a medic and a troubador(who has divinity and songs mastered) I switch out the fifth member depending if I want preemptive strikes from the survivalist, another fighter type, or if I want a nuker(my fire mage) but so far the spot has been monopolized by the mage. he has fire magic mastered along with flame, but I don't use it ><. I like how the foes in the second stratum sneak around.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Auto battle speeds up the battle flow, since well, the main purpose of it is to skip pass weak mobs that you can just beat with only normal attacks.

9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”