My game blog thginy *THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My game blog thginy *THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Postby heprea » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Mole-chan I....

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby heprea » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:43 am

Lets get this party started eh?!

Think I'll be able to catch up to where I am currently.. stuck. :D

So, in the depths of mustard hell as always I'm grinding, doing the usual stuffs. Exploring every single place and trying to get deeper(higher) in the so called "castle". Whats up with that anyways, calling this zeppelin look alike a "castle"? Silly folks of Lagaard.

As my party entered 21th floor, I had a small *gasp*, right away there's someone spouting something at me, mentioning the "holy grail" something that I am supposed to fetch, in order to save the ill duke in Lagaard. All good, after reading the somewhat threatening words I decide to continue my journey.

Just like it was mentioned earlier, these damned mandrakes, get two of them and a pre-emptive strike for the enemies and chances are, your whole team is gonna get wiped and you aint gonna do shit about that. :D Brilliant, just godfuckingdamned awesome, just the thing I need. <3
Thanks to my survivalist Suisho I dont have these happen all that often as I have the passive that reduces the chances of such event occuring. The thing is, I dont use her that much anymore, I'm making her rest and meanwhile she is resting, I'm leveling up other characters. Ie. my brown bear beast called GAOOO~. Beast is getting pretty big and tanky, I like that. Kind of swapping between GAOOO~ and my ronin Ronni(yeah, I know, its one boring name... I'm very bad when it comes to naming <.< ).

Anyways, Nothing much going on in Floor 21, it didn't take much effort for me to find out the patterns of the new FOE's (deathmen). At first I was kind of afraid of them but eventually I decided to challenge the one guy who thought it was a good idea to go solo.. I did manage to beat it, even though it managed to kill few of my party members with that move that can 1-hit KO anyone it seems. Taking on two of them however... is a suicide.
After mapping the 21th floor I decided to do some Chop farming for the goods.

22th Floor gets somewhat tricky again as once again I had forgotten that these certain FOE's only move during the night... So what did this mean? It meant that I had to grind force bars up to max and then try out my luck. I had earlier checked out what the FOE was, without any force spells being up and naturally I did get wiped, also I was terrified to find out that this new FOE was something related to the Helldras in 3rd stratum and just like they were a hassle to beat, these guys were naturally evenly hard.

As I was grinding force bars up, I had already forgotten that the damned things moved during the night.. when I had 2 force bars up. RIKARDO, being the BOSS that he is, he always gets the force up first and Ayu the gunner, Sheis only missed few points, same thing with GAOO~ and Reiya was missing like 30 points or so. So yeah, when it turned to night I was still running around like a clueless madman that I am and BAM! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! Here comes FOE and on top of that.. I was placed in such way that it was IMPOSSIBLE to run away.. Being cornered like that, for a moment I thought about just pressing the reset button but naw, I decided to give it a go, I mean there isn't anything really for me to lose by doing so why the fug not?!

After a long fight, I actually managed to beat the damn thing.. I was pretty damn stunned. I was not expecting to beat the damn thing.. I mean, I did not even have full HP on my party members and I had already wasted 1 full turn by trying to run away AND I only had 2 force spells up.. but nope, I have no idea what just happened in that fight. The thing kept on doing its charge spell and like 3 times in a row, it missed me.. or something like that, the thing was missing its attacks like a BOSS. Best thing is that I did not even have my survivalist force skill even used at that point yet.
But yeah, after a long battle, I did indeed manage to beat that thing. It was probably the most intense and nerves cracking fight I'v had so far. MAN it felt good.

After that I did the same thing for 2 more times and managed to reach floor 23. The more boost I gained from defeating the first one gave me confidence in beating them all, rather than waiting for the night to come and sneak behind in order to proceed further. Just before I went to floor 23 I decided to farm "take" spots for some extra cash and new items. :3

And, this is kind of where I still am. Floor 23.
With the amount of FOE's swarming in here, I feel rather powerless.. I have found the two mining spots and have been farming them for the new items and naturally some more gold, as clearly I keep getting this "this is not enough golds" message. Buying all these "ultimate tier weapons/armors" are pretty damn expensive. :D

I am currently in progress of leveling up:
Yissa - paladin - lvl 41
Ronni - Ronin - lvl59
GAOO~ - Beast - 64

I did manage to beat one beamedge in floor 23, but that was I'd say thanks to luck. Poison hitting and survivalist evasion making it possible for me. 1 more turn and deathman would have joined the fight making it certain that I would have wiped but nope! I still try once in a while to check out how I do against them, I must say that I'm not all that convinced yet. :(

So, currently I'm grinding money and levels on new classes. Thanks to this I probably wont be making new updates all that often.. I mean, it would be rather boring for me to just type out "still grinding levels and still grinding money" multiple times. <__<

I'm hoping that these classes will help me in floor 23.

Guess as last thing, I'll mention that when I reached the 23th floor, I also decided to give my payback to Salomox for what it did to me in the earlier stage of the game. Thanks to Yissa and her antifire and Reiyas sapping curse, I was able to defeat it. Warmight casted on Ayu and keep spamming that ricochet and also at the same time pray that RIKARDO gets some lucky 2-hits and counters! I actually managed to beat salomox on my first try(minus the ones I had in early stage) and got that 15x attack sword with fire damage for it. After all the dissapointing fights I had with it, it felt pretty good. <3

Mole-chan I....

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:15 am

Man, finally I have something to update about. -__-;
After countless of hours of leveling up new classes I decided to go and try to defeat those beamedges but man, they are just too strong for me, I really need pieces of new equipment for my characters. Even with RIKARDO wielding that badass Bomb axe, I still am not getting enough damage done. So I decided to go check what those new FOE's I had not dared to challenge, the ones that are located at the middle part of the 23th floor. At first I was expecting them to be either deathman's or beamedges but man.. they ended up being silly little protection bots that didnt really do anything... I wish I would have just challenged and checked them out when I got there the first time lol....

Anyways, after the silly defending bots I found the black beast, I had returned into my usual team comp to challenge this boss monster, which found out to be this "colossus". Pretty massive and scary looking boss who seemed to have high defense against physical attacks(which is what my team mostly does..). I feared that the "barrier" skill would end up be pain in the ass but naww, it did not really use that skill all that often. Also, just in case that you get the idea that this boss was easy for me? No, not really, I mean I did have to try to kill it like 5 times or so to finally succeed in it but, it didnt really feel all THAT hard, all I had to do was basically was to get force skills up and go challenge that damn thing. <.<

24f offered me some fresh blood, it was very refreshing to fight new kind of monsters after all that grinding I did. D:
In here, I decided to be man and challenge every single FOE I would encounter, just to make sure that the same thing aint happening again. There really is no pay-off for being a scared little kitten that runs away from every single FOE whenever they appear. :| I have learned my lesson.
So, these new FOES ended up being these "eye" monsters that Wolkenritter had earlier mentioned about. I dont really have much problems with them as my Gunner Aya happens to have maxed out medishot so, the mass curse spell the damn thing keeps casting, does not really affect me all that much.

A little bit of whats my status with quests:
I have completed all quests that have been aviable to me this far. (I must admit that the chess piece quests seemed annoying so I googled them :| )

*edit*

oh yeah, I just got wiped, got ambushed by 5 mandrakes while I was using "take". Gotta love that scream <3 there really isnt much to do when you have 5 mandrakes using it on you 3 times before you can even act. :D

Mole-chan I....

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:59 am

You won't be completing the beautiful queen anytime soon, but doing the chess piece quest that revolve around it gives some useful items along the way.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Mole-chan I....

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Gah, I have decided to avoid Evildras for now, they are still way too random, I dont know how I managed to beat so many of them in the earlier floor 22 parts, the ones I come by after the newer parts of floor 22 and 24 man, they use charge and straight away for that boquet or whatever that attack move is that hits everyone in my team, its just way too damn strong. :(
Its a good thing that Evildras start to move when it gets dark so I can avoid fighting them. <3 I'm so low on money at the moment, just bought the ronin weapon that costs almost 300k, so I cant really buy axcelas and go beat em up with force skills. I know it isnt really all that manly :((

Finally got the explore floor 22 fully quest done, took me longer than I expected. Still got 3 quests that I need to complete: "the labyrinths blessing, Task for the tracker and the beautifull queen". After what Liferake said about the queen chess quest, I guess Im still somewhat faraway from finishing that one off. The two other ones should be relatively easy.

These 21-24 floors have all been pretty massive, lots of stairs to up and down in here. I gotta try to find those turtle monsters that only seem to come and attack me when im using "mining" in floor 23. They still have 1 mystery item to drop me. :3
Its just so much of a hazzle to run to the mining spot and start rapidly hitting the mine button, and then run back to Inn and sleep and so on, had to do that cycle for like 3 times for them to come at me, and the damned thing didnt even give me the mystery loot. >_<
I think Im starting to be close to the 25 floor now.

I'm thinking of letting RIKARDO to rest a bit to change his skills, the counter and 2-hit seem to hardly ever activate. :\ Basically I dont have any active skills to use from the skills setup, Well nothing that he can use alone, got all the element attacks, at lvl1 tho. <__<

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:16 am

Not sure if this is the case in EO2 (It should be), but the Evildra's Charge skill is actually a buff that boosts their damage, so you could have your War Magus use Erasure to get rid of it, and reduce the amount of damage Banquet does to you. Personally I didn't find them that difficult... but I was packing a Dark Hunter with Bait AND Climax so... =/

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:54 am

Yes, I can confirm that it is indeed a buff and not a one-time-high-damage strike.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:13 pm

That is very weird because I have indeed tried using erasure (only level 1..) and I remember the damned things still used Boquet right after it on me. I gotta try it again, but I have somewhat firm memories of lvl1 erasure doing nothing. Gotta test it with higher level I guess.

Mole-chan I....

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:15 pm

So.... uh... I think I just defeated the games story. :o
Currently watching the ending credits, parts of different scenery/character parts showing and also showing the townsfolk and they have some stuff to say, thats one creative way to make people go trhough the credits I must admit that. :D

So, about the last story boss.. the Overlord, somehow I managed to defeat both of them. The first stage (the cocoon-ish) with that one, I actually had use nectall's few times due to the bosses counter attack activating like 90% of the time. D:
Such a pain in the ass, if only my RIKARDO would act like that. :P As for the next stage, the ÄRRRÄRÄR IM A DRAGON AND IMMA EEEET YA HEAD YO! This one... this one was even easier O.o;
Sure it used the 5man curse spell and all at the start, and it used plenty of 5man attacks but few soma2's and salve2 and medishot kept my party at full HP most of the time. Basically, out of my 5 man team, only RIKARDO and Ronni did damage. Reiya kept poison and sapping curse on it and Ayu was busy spamming medishot/throwing soma2s, Sheis was spamming that salve2 and at start he used warmight on Ronni.
So after dead law and warmight, all I did was kept using that midarabe on the damn thing and poof, it died. <__<

I was very worried, after I defeated the first stage overlord, there was this question that do I want to go to the town quietly? I was all like... yeah I could probably head over to town and save and all shit but man... screw it! MAN MODE TURN FUCKING ON! (I have no idea if I would even be able to go town if I would have chosen different answer...) and so I went to challenge the last boss... overlord V2.

Credits have now rolled, Im gonna save the game and see whats going to happen next. I'm assuming that there will be 6th stratum just like in EO I, I really am hoping that there is more. :P I have not defeated any of the hard bosses like Dragon.

About the dragon btw, the one that is in Floor 2, does it appear randomily in there? because after the quest that made the thing appear, its been missing ever since. Well, morelike it seems to be there in random, Iv seen it few times in there and sometimes it just isnt in there. Im hoping that it hasnt dissapeared or anything.. I still want to challenge it again, this time so that im properly adjusted for it :P

Im not sure how much I will be able to make posts now that I have finished the story mode, hopefully there will be some stuff to me update about. :P

For now, thanks for reading and posting and hopefully you enjoyed what you saw! :3

*quick edit*

Coudnt resist the temptation of checking out if there is 6th stratum and yes there is and MY GOD, this new battle theme in there, that piece of music... its so hyper and all, thats what I call a great music that puts me into the right set of mind for battle, I'ts just... AMAZING!

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:13 am

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:12 am

Mole-chan I....

BlueMage82
Ragelope

Postby BlueMage82 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:10 am

Good luck fighting those.
"But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect." - Patrick Rothfuss

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:35 pm

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:14 am

59 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”