My game blog thginy *THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My game blog thginy *THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Postby heprea » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Ok, now that I have found where the edit button is, ill make few things clear.
This thread follows me as I play the game and I will write about alot of things that go on in the game, and just like I have now edited the topic name, Ill still mention it here, this thread WILL contain spoilers
However, this first post of mine does not contain any spoilers, really. Rest of my post will however.

Now that that is taken care of, I will inform you folks that I will try to keep my first post updated with these things:
Character levels
Character items(will start adding these later on)
The deepest level I'v been to

At least, these are what Ill try to keep updated in this first post maybe later on If there will be cases that I will change my guild setup, I will update about that as well in here so dont worry if you see different names/classes all of a sudden.

Aight everyone, I'm going to update how my game goes in here just in case there is actually someone who might be interested in this 5 year old game.

Probably not gonna do much today(I think), so far I'v registered my new guild members. Because I defeated all the big bad monsters in the first game I have entered the password (which didn't work because my EO1 is Europe release and my EO2 is American release... so I used the Atlus Eo2 forums code).

Im trying to use classes that I did not use in previous game.

So here is my guild name and team:
*latest edit*
Because I have defeated the story boss and I really dont have one certain team comp. that I use so, I'm just gonna update the levels and items on all of my characters.
Deepest level ventured into so far: 30F Right at the door of very last boss

Guild name: ^_^ (same as in EO1)

GAOO~ - lvl70 The brown bear beast class!
Weapon: Bond Claw
Chest: Lush Beads
Accesory: nothing atm
Accesory: nothing atm

Yissa - lvl 58 Paladin female 1 model
Weapon: Rapier
Chest: Brigandine
Shield: Safeguard
gloves: Gore glove

Ronni - lvl 70 Ronin female 1 model
Weapon: Youtou
Chest: Ruby Mail
Gloves: Ruby Gage
Helmet: Headpiece

Keira - lvl 68 Troubadour female 1 model
Weapon: Arc Drawer
Chest: Hymn Cloth
Boots: Leggings
Gloves: Gore glove

Larya - lvl 11 Medic female 2 model
still wearing starting equiptment T___T

Whippy - lvl Dark Hunter 70 female 2 model
Weapon: Ice Vines
Chest: Bindings
Gloves: King's Arm
Boots: War boot

Alkki - lvl 21 alchemist
Another one with starting gear :<

Landsknetch guy - RIKARDO lvl 70 (using the first male model)
this guy is so boss that his name is in all caps

weapon: Ygg Axe(Dropped from a mother fucking DRAGON)
chest: Brigandine
accessory: Leggings ( AWWW YEAH ! MANLY AS HELL!)
accessory: King's Arm

War mage - Sheis lvl 70 (second male model)
weapon: Ygg Staff
Chest: Curse Mail
Accessory: Hero orb
Accessory: Ducal Mark

Gunner - Ayu lvl 71 (first girl model)
weapon: Agnea
chest: Runic Tunic
hand: Fairy boot
boots: Haste pin

Hexer - Reiya lvl 70 (first girl model) (I'm kind of cheating here, I did use hexer at some point in the game but when you compare it to the other classes, the time I spent with her was much too short..)

Weapon: Malice Rod
chest: Hex Mantle
hand: Rune gage
head: Angel Helm

Survivalist - Suisho lvl 68 (first girl model)

weapon: Divide Bow
chest: Sylpheed
hand: Gore Glove
boots: Leggings
Last edited by heprea on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Mole-chan I....

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: My game blog thginy

Postby zamisk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Survivalists aren't great in this game, unless you want to get item points in the field without a dedicated party for that. With the gunner and the hexer you have a heavy-hitting back row, though.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 pm

^ Survivalists still have good passives. Not so flashy, though.
The beast-thingie is better for gathering. I really enjoyed that class as off-tank/supporter.

Hexer is especially good early on, where it can dominate everything with fixed damage. Bosses, hordes; it's all the same to Poison.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 am

Mole-chan I....

heprea
Diabolix

Re: My game blog thginy *THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Postby heprea » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Time for an update~

Dont think that I mentioned about the guild Beowulf yesterday so I'll say it now, well actually there isn't much to say other than I hope I dont have to fight them and it seems that what I was hoping for came true, as it seems that their leader got wiped by the chimera monster, who by the way was kind of a let down boss, that or I was just lucky that he didnt like to use its poison ability, only used it once on me and that was when it was almost dead. :| And the blue FOE's seem to be kind of a joke, they seem far too weak to be feared FOE's like the mantis and furylord, I still kind of am afraid of Mantises. >.<
I did defeat one of them, and only because I had all force abilities ready to use(sapping+war magus force ability is pretty awesome :D).

I am now able to "farm" the first FOEs like furyhorns and raptors. Mantis are still something I dont really want to fight, without force abilities :<

Yesterday I fully explored levels 3 and 4, thanks to matis being such a badass FOE I had alot of problems in level 3 but once I got to level 4 things calmed down a bit, I was however very scared of these new blue FOE's iv never seen before, naturally I tried to avoid for as long as possible but when the "accident" happened and I had no other choice than to fight or escape, I made the decision of going balls deep in and used my Aya's and RIKARDO's force ablities only to find out that RIKARDO alone, being the man that he is, 1-hit KO'd the poor thing.

Those Rafiel or whatever the massive flower monsters with their all poison spells caused some problems for me, almost made me go all Q_Q game over but nah, it didnt. :P

Out of the NPC's that iv encountered in this game I cant really say that I'v taken any special liking on anyone just yet.
However I'm mentioning the new item shop npc is kind of a cute, I just might be able to remember her name after I'v played the game for few more hours.

I wonder if I have started to get more levels after that battle with Chimera, my characters were all at level 20 when I decided to go for it. Maybe I should go more MANMODE and just run and challenge all the FOE's !

Mole-chan I....

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:03 am

^ Raflesia? :3

Chimera is good farming.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Mole-chan I....

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:19 pm

So, I got this mission from the duke to slay this salomox guy or what was it called again.. I worked really hard to even beat these two fire fucking breathing dragons that are guarding it or so, like really really long time grinding.

In the end I did manage to beat the two bastards after many different tries I had.
So, feeling all confident I went for the boss salomox attacked him... only to find out that it had pre-emptive strike on me and pretty much did a 1-hit KO on my whole team. ^_________^

I bought "firewall" items for my whole team, went in again:
No pre-emptive strike this time, going good! I even managed to land few hits on it doing a whole 10-20dmg on it! aaaand salomox does one area damage spell aaaand my RIKARDO is the only one (being the BOSS that he is) with 11hp left tho, you guessed it right, time for another Q_Q game over.

I'v come to the conclusion that my current team just cant do a thing to the beast.

So I have started to level up a Paladin and a Trubadour to get antifire and ifrit.
This is gonna take a while tho....

Mole-chan I....

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Wasn't Salamox one of those bosses you're supposed to sneak past the first time?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:01 pm

^ It is.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Wait, sneak? Are you kidding me? :D
Dayum, I'm not sure if I even want to do that...
To sneak or not to sneak, I kinda feel like going 100% man mode on this one. :O

*edit*

I mean, I already have troubadour and paladin at levels 25 or so :D
I'm not willing to give up just yet!

*edit #2*

Hey, is it possible to use the war magus "trasnfer" skill while in battle?

Mole-chan I....

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Yes, get patrol, you're going to need it for two stratums after this one (To refrain from spoilage, that's as far as I go.)

And the others have mentioned this: Salamox (Just like Gashtor at the beginning of the game) is meant to be avoided until later.

If you do go man-mode however, I wish you the best of luck soldier.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Mole-chan I....

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:32 am

Here we go, lets see if I can bring myself to the point where I am at the moment in the game~

So, after the glorious victory I had over Scylla(after many attempts) I decided to head over to 4th stratum, the Petal bridge. Just like the name indicates, there are flower petals around here and there and it is rather beautiful in there.

I must say that I lol'd a bit when I saw these "Raicho-look-at-my-golden-herp-derp-hair" penguins, so fabulous n shit! Just like always, its nice to face off new monsters and find out what they loot and what tricks you have to use so that they drop their "rare" loots.

Once again I decided to challenge the FOE's of this area, them being "Shelltors" or something like that. They seemed kinda harmless till, they started to use their "jaws" more and pretty much wiped my whole party making me go all Q_Q game over. Even with my hexers sapping curse, it hardly made any difference. So after that I thought it was best for me to leave them to be fore awhile and learn their moving patterns and wander deeper(or should I say higher? :D ) in to the labyrinth, only to find these new FOE's, voltkings that pretty much brutally raped my party. They made me so scared that I had no other choice than grinding few levels and go challenge thoes shelltors to see if I could find aything cool from them and so I did. After defeating the shelltors and sellling the goods, i bought these new items, i think i got new shields from it, and decided to challenge voltking again only to get wiped immedietly again. Oh and here's the great thing about what just happened: I FORGOT TO SAVE THE GAME AFTER I HAD DEFEATED THE SHELLTOR. Meaning I lost all the gear and loots and shit. I had to take few tries this time to defeat the shelltors again, I mean it was not a "walk in the park" fight I had with them. -___-;;

This is also where we get the first encounters with the harpy-guys, or whatever they are, having those glorious wings and speaking like ye-oldie folks english. I wasn't really sure if they were hostile or not so it made me kinda worried. :|
But, it turned out just good, heck I even ended up doing some quests for these guys later on. Just like in 2nd stratum the survivalist skill "patrol" gets its awards and loving from here again. With these mixes of green and pink muddy pools of death on the ground here and there and bit of everywhere. Made my life so much easier once again <3.

Also, just like in 2nd stratum, we have these bugs that summon out these rafl esia v2, they were kinda hard and... these flower monsters that im familiar with from EO1, them and their goddamned sleep all spell :<

By the time I had gotten to 4th stratum I also started to level up other classes such as : beast and ronin and I was right to do so. As you explore 4th stratum your hands on "tree key" or something like that which gives you to access to these magical doors that you had found in earlier stratum's. Behind these doors, there was a place where you had access only if you had your beast class alone in your party.

As I ventured and explored the 4th stratum the winged folks kept on coming and the more they communicated with me, the more I become to "open up" for them and did not fear them anymore, all the feelings I had of them being hostile looking ended up disappearing. Specially when you come to the part when their leader starts to talk with you and mentions that you are to destroy this beautiful flying beast that forced them to leave their sacred grounds.

I'll give a quick note about the 19th floor with its flying petals that transported me from place to place, it was kinda nice looking place but, overall I ended up not liking it all that much, kinda like with 3rd stratum and its frozen floor parts. Oh and the amounts of gold I had to spent on Therica B's in there, dear lord did I spent a whole bunch on them. :S
The peacock bird things kept casting stone on my members like a boss. They weren't really all that hard but man was it annoiyng to throw in those therica b's.

Now, back to harpuia, the boss of 4th stratum. After witnessing the strength of Scylla I assumed harpuia to be on the same level and yeah, I was right, I was happy I had all those force spells grinded up. there is no way I would have defeated her without them. Nasty combo of seals, blind and I think she even used confuse as well, very nasty stuff. Thanks to Ayas riotgun I was able to throw in Reiyas caprison(or something like that) AND sapping curse on the next turn. thanks to this I was able to use warmight on Aya and spamm that ricochet with very nice damage. Rikardo was a boss and kept hitting harpuia with his double hit passives. It didnt really matter all that much that Sheis was blinded as all he had to do was keep spamming that salve2 (and therica A's to get rid of some of dem seals). Eventually, I defetead harpuia, with the first try. She was hard but, I think Scylla is still the beast that haunts me occasionally in my dreams. Q_Q

And now, comes 5th stratum, the flying castle.. Morlike flying mustardjar that had its expiration date gone 10 years ago or so. I really liked how it was earlier described with the word mustard in other thread in here. It really does fit.

Getting pretty close to where I am exploring in currently but, I'm gonna stop here for today, getting too long again this post. The next post should be about the places where I am currently starting to generate gray hair. <3

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am

Harpuia is the easiest boss in the game. Being weak to all physical elements and not having much HP makes her a pushover.

5th strata is a bad place filled with evil. You're going to hate Mandrakes, Beamedges and uh... whatever the palette swap of Evil Eye was called.

59 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”