My game blog thginy *THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

BlueMage82
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My game blog thginy *THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Postby BlueMage82 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:55 am

"But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect." - Patrick Rothfuss

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby heprea » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:04 pm

"Hopefully" one day I will be able to share the pain with you folks. :P
Somehow I have a feeling that I'm bit stuck at the moment. There are few places that I need to check before I can make any clear declaration of it tho. Not gonna give up all that easily~ :3

In the mean time.. I accidentally managed to defeat Drake. ^^;
Was grinding some levels for it on my other classes, such as: Paladin and Troubadour(was also leveling up my dark hunter at the same time, due to the troubadour exp passive bonus).

When troubadour reached uhh level 58 or so I decided it was time to swap my team and maybe get some more money and grind harder mobs for better drops so I switched some people in my team:
Sheis + RIKARDO + Ronni
Reiya + Whippy

During this time, I was also somewhat tired and while doing the team swtich, I forgot what I was gonna do and just went all hurr durr herp derp and figured out that maybe I was going for Drake (for some random reason, I was 100% sure that I needed my Paladin Yissa for this but... like I said I had a brain fart moment) bought enough Axcelas to get Reiya and whippy to 100 force and rest got few axcelas only. I went to attack drake and as the fight started... I realized something.. WHERE IS YISSA?! ... OH RIGHT brains wtf?
Anyways, despise all the brain fart moments, I still decided to give it a go.. because why not? I had already done "some" effort to throw out those axcelas already.

To my surprise(one heck of positive surprise if I may add) both, Reiya's and Whippy's force skills both landed. Reiya gave fear status meanwhile whippy gave the full bind status. This meaning, the monster aint gonna do nothing for as long as its feared and if it tries to do something after the fear goes off, there are still hand and head binds that prevent any damage skills getting used. So I did the usual stuff with Sheis and Ronni, warmight/dead law into midareba and RIKARDO just spamming that auto attack in hopes of 2-hit activating.

Meanwhile, Reiya kept Drake hitting itself like a fool( maxed our suicide feels pretty good on these bosses I must say :D ) As you can see, I have whippy in back line so she doesnt do much damage but hey, as if I need her to do any when theres maxed out Ronni slicing the damn thing so all whippy had to do was kept on spamming gag and scuffs.

When the head and hand bonds ran out and same did Reiyas fear I thought to myself "yeah, here it is, now the damn thing is gonna blast me with 1 hit) but nope, Reiya actually managed to fear the damn thing, right away. Now that the hand binding was gone, the thing did even more damage to itself. And before the fear went out, I manged to bind its arms one last time before it fell down to its death before Ronnis maxed out midareba.

I was very puzzled and confused, how is this even possible? I did not have the team I had planned for this monster and on top of that, It never got to land a single hit on my team. o.O;

Guess I should have brain farts more often when it comes to bosses lol!

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Mole-chan I....

BlueMage82
Ragelope

Postby BlueMage82 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:08 am

The Dragons in EO II weren't half as annoying as the ones in EO III who are kicking my ass so badly I almost ragequit. >.<

Drake has that annoying move that nullifies all damage done to him, doesn't he?
"But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect." - Patrick Rothfuss

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:24 am

Mole-chan I....

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:45 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Hmmm, just had my fight(first) with Dragon, it kind of went the same way as it did with Drake. :o

Whippy binding everything and spamming climax after wards
Reiya fearing the thing and making it hit itself like a little fool
Sheis spamming warmight on Ronni and RIKARDO
Ronni 1st turn deadlaw and after that midareba non stopping
RIKARDO manly as he is, he only used auto attack and at the very end he had fight changing counter attack.

So yeah, everything went fine as there wasnt really anything that the dragon could have done. Every place being binded down and even if something got rid of its bind, the fear lasted for so many turns. In the end whippy and Ronni ran out of TP and I had zero amaritas with myself. The build my RIKARDO has is horrible(so much points spent on tankyness) but, thanks to this I had one counter at the end when my damage dealers where out of TP and the dragon only had very tiny amount of mana, the turn before the 600dmg hit on RIKARDO the dragon had killed off ronni and whippy and Reiya had also missed fear 2 times in a row. So now comes ~600 damage hit on RIKARDO and counter actives > 600 damage done and very lucky double hit(1st hit being critical strike) also activating when he got his turn and boom~
There be no more of dem dragons~

Time to go sell my loot and save the game while I still can. :D

*edit*
whoops, there is still wyrm left :O

*moar dem edits*

Yyeahh... about wyrm... looks like ever since that fight with drake and accidentaly finding out the awesomeness of dominate... these bosses have been somewhat eh.. easy? >.<

I have now defeated them all, all of them were defeated with the first try. :|

Naturally, If I want to make it harded, I could go for the rare drops on them but.. thats gonna have to wait.. <_<

Mole-chan I....

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 am

Getting rare drops is fun.

I dropped FOUR HOURS just trying to get dragon's drop.

Good times!

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:25 am

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:28 am

Mole-chan I....

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:13 pm

BlueMage82
Ragelope

Postby BlueMage82 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:12 pm

Well I must admit that getting the conditional drops was easiest in EO III so far. :P Also yeah it's like this with the conditionals for the dragons:

I think you can see the pattern there. :D

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:37 am

Mole-chan I....

59 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”