Answers to Quests

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

173 posts
Kaoschan
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaoschan » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Kaoschan
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaoschan » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:46 pm

The Door Key
[spoiler]On Floor 18F go to the E1 field and fall down the Hole, than in the 17F Floor search around the C-D 1 Area for an event and buy the Door Key for ~10k en. Have fun opening doors[/spoiler]

:D

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:12 pm

The Door Key
[spoiler]At first, I passed him up 'cause I thought he was another guy selling warp wires, which is what I think my memo still reads as. However, when I got to think, I thought "that guy only charged 1000 AND he SAID it was a Warp Wire." I tredged all the way back there just to buy it, feeling that "if this is another damn hoax, I'm going to be mad and I'll turn the game off!" (since I had saved at the inn... I didn't wanna waste 10000en).

:3 let's just say, I'm happy that I went back and checked it out[/spoiler]

[] - [] - [] - []

Kyuu-Ball
Ragelope

Postby Kyuu-Ball » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:43 am

Kyuu-Ball
Ragelope

Postby Kyuu-Ball » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:57 am

Follow up to "The courageous Knight"

The opposing one
[spoiler]You need to bring a Coal skull and a Rook back to the bar, you have the Rook from a past quest in the line. The Coal Skull is dropped by Ebonwing found in the 25th floor and I belive the condition to drop it is kill it with magic (I killed it with poison).[/spoiler]

Kyuu-Ball
Ragelope

Postby Kyuu-Ball » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:46 am

Follow up to "The opposing one"

Monarchy's restoration
[spoiler]Once you accept the quest go talk to Abigail (shop girl) and she'll say she saw someone with a king and that he went to the 25th floor. The guard is located right after the big boss doors so you'll need to have beat the game. You'll need a dark hunter with level 10 whips, I don't know what the character level must be since I thought it was like the quest where you bring a level 20 Landsknecht so I ended up power leveling a dark hunter from level 1 to 41 :( and the worst part was that I left whips at level 5 the whole time lol, (I just wanted cuffs and gag during boss grinding)[/spoiler]

Kyuu-Ball
Ragelope

Postby Kyuu-Ball » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 pm

Follow up to "Monarchy's restoration"

Bonds of promotion
[spoiler]Bring 3 Cat's eyes, 2 Star Rocks, 2 Shine Rocks. Shine Rocks can be mined on floor 24 E4, Cat's eyes can be mined on floor 28 F1 and Star Rocks can be mined on floor 28 D7[/spoiler]

Kyuu-Ball
Ragelope

Postby Kyuu-Ball » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 pm

Follow up to "Bonds of promotion"

Ancient Politics
[spoiler]After accepting the quest, talk to the Duke and then go to floor 20 and meet the Winged chief in the middle of the boss area and he'll give you the last piece[/spoiler]

silvrdragn23112
Ragelope

Re: Answers to Quests

Postby silvrdragn23112 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:15 pm

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Am I doing something wrong?
[spoiler]I've already mapped all of floors 7 & all of 8 I could get to. I've gone up to floor 9 and mapped a bit more of floor 8 (where you go down from floor 9). I've gotten Salamox's plume, but I have yet to get the 3 days on floor 4 quest or the map floors 7 & 8 completely quest. Here are the quests I have open:

In the Duke's service II
A long way down
Toward a cozier inn
Specimen collection

Do I need to complete the Duke's service II quest to open the others? I don't have a protector which is why I haven't done that quest yet, but that's the only old quest I have. The others opened when I hit floor 8 or 9. I guess it's not that big a deal since I want to retire everyone when they hit level 30 (I think everyone is level 25), and I'd like to use the 3-day quest to level my characters back up, but I'm worried I might be doing something wrong. Other than the paranoia, I'm having a blast![/spoiler]
Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:28 pm

The Perfect Gift[spoiler]Could it be that you can only get one random gift from the ones suggested by the town's folks? I searched the whole southern half of floor 2 without finding any flower (as suggested by the medicine student). The location listed here for floor 7 also didn't show anything for me, nor the one for floor 10 (although I checked those two after floor 9). I did find the overturned cart on floor 9 though (suggested by Cass the barkeeper). It's in the room at F4, and triggered as soon as I entered it.

Also, the message text for finding the cart was a bit messed up. It said that 'Tortmail' (name of a monster; it was used twice, so no mistake) found something, instead of using the name of a party member. Then there was a trap, which supposedly made Sivle lose a lot of TP. When I checked though, it was Kimiko who had lost all but 1 TP.[/spoiler]

I haven't seen the quests about spending time on floor 4 and mapping floors 7 & 8 either, but that might be because I did neither of the quests that ask for a Landsknecht or Medic because I don't have those in my party.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

TeslaNewton
Fenrir

Postby TeslaNewton » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Top members of the Whippet Guild in EO: Newton (Protector & my pup), Tesla (Medic & my pup), Devo (Landsknecht), Bela (Survivalist), Darwin (Alchemist & in-law's pup)

Top members of Whippet in EOII: Tesla (Medic), Onyx (Dark Hunter), Devere (Ronin), Newton (Alchemist), Bela (Gunner)

silvrdragn23112
Ragelope

Postby silvrdragn23112 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:53 pm

Update:

The Enigmatic Woodman
[spoiler]I found him at the 2nd floor, at the entrance of the of the treasure room at D2. Be sure to have the Wind Stone, still, otherwise you obviously can't get the Curse Wood from him.[/spoiler]

Playing Cupid II
[spoiler]Head to the 14th floor, and use the Chop point at A3. You're after an Ice Branch.[/spoiler]

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:24 am

Call of the gunner
[spoiler]This one took me time, having to find and then get the key from the guard on 17F C1 first two finally explore floors 9 to 6 secret area to find Artelind on 8F D2 was really long.
I'm glad to see that Esbat is still alive and that i've sworn to them to kill the "overlord"[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:46 am

Kaining - this is one I'm stuck on - how do you do it.....

:( though, it doesn't matter until my DS comes back repaired. OH DEAR GOD this is going to be a long two weeks.

[] - [] - [] - []

173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”