Moderator: ItL Moderators

173 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:51 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:08 am

Depends; I never finished EO1 since it got pushed back in my "ohman, stuff to play oh look a butterfly I GET DISTRACTED" list. By the time I remembered I needed to finish it, EO2 came out and I gave that my attention instead. That said, my knowledge of the Primevil fight is pretty lacking.

[spoiler]Ur-Child is mainly a trick fight; he follows a set pattern and surviving that is the key to victory. That or Dominating him the entire time so he can't act. The inclusion of a Force Skill that completely shuts him down is really what makes the fight doable at lower levels, though it's possible without it ... though you need a Protector and to do the fight with a proper gameplan.

It's pretty much knowing that "turn 1 this will happen so I need to prepare to take ~1500 damage and turn it into something we can survive," and applying that to every turn. That is, these rounds are Physical-Bash so I better Bash Mist and have F. Guard / B. Guard set-up; after that, a breather round then a high-damage (~5000) Stab turn so you either use the breather round to set-up Protector's Painless (Invuln) or probably die. Then it's the Elemental phases, a status effect phase another rest, and then Begone (10,000 Non-elemental damage).

How that compares to Primevil, I have no clue ;[/spoiler]

*Modified by Admin*

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:13 am

[] - [] - [] - []

Kaining
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaining » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:23 am

It look like that Primevil is harder... only because... *be warn, the next spoiler is about primevil fight*
[spoiler]
...he had necrosis.

The "prepare for a 5000 atk" part is almost the same, you only had to know at wich turn your protector had to use anti-element skill against primevill and pray that he will not cast necrosis and wipe your party in one attack. So you also add to have really strong character in order to kill him before he had the opportunity to cast it.

In fact, if you have antielement skill and a boosted level 10 immunise, Primevil is easy to kill ...if he don't spam necrosis... and for me, he didn't, that's why i killed him in 17 turn with only one dead people in my party for the whole fight. He would have killed me the next turn 'cause it was my protector that he had killed and he was supposed to cast an anti skill the next turn.
The hard part *my* off primevil fight was proably to trained my party so that they could inflict him 90000 HP dammage under 17 turn. If i hadn't be able to do that, i won't have seen the end of turn 18.
[/spoiler]
So, Zeta, i hope you can have a good opinion of EO 1&2 final boss difficulty with both our post now :D

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:31 am

Kaining
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaining » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:34 am

I just CAN'T believe it.

A life in the balance
[spoiler]So i manage to kill Drake at my third try - damn you frigid - with a good use off ice mist and axcella (1, i only have these, it was hard to use 3 on my D and 3 others on my G before the bounds wore off ) and i even manage to kill him with ice's skill in order to get his conditional drop but he only gave me this one.

No freaking ice scale[/spoiler]
Is it going to be like in the first and it'll drop very rarely or was i just unlucky to not obtain those ?

Zai
Wyvern

Postby Zai » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:39 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:40 am

A life in the balance:
[spoiler]I've only done about 10 kills per but I think I've gotten about 6 or 7 drops with one 5/5 Scavenge. You can bring two if you want (Hexer, Medic) and push the chance to 100% though since they stack.[/spoiler]

That said, once you've gotten the first kill, you can probably switch to a farming team set-up after just for the sole purpose of getting the drops more reliably / easier.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:43 am

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:02 am

lawl hey Scy, LaevateinQED over here

My own take on EO1/2 true final
[spoiler]Primevil has a spectacularly predictable pattern that /works/. You won't know it the first time, which is why Primevil will decimate first-timers fighting him. Furthermore, Ur-Child has bindable skills, I think more bindable skills than Primevil does. With the presence of things like Dominate and Riot Gun, this makes Primevil easily better than Day-time Ur-Child, since Ur-Child during the day does have a pattern and her counters don't activate often enough during this time to efficiently nab her kills that Primevil does with things like Necrosis.

I actually fought Ur-Child at day time knowing this fact. I was playing JPN version at the time. And then I tried again at Night time, and found that Ur-Child was really quite tough, if only because she becomes insanely unpredictable and she forces you to stay on your toes all the time. I'm going to agree with Scy and say that Night-time Ur-Child beats Primevil, if only because of the lack of a distinct breakable pattern that Primevil has.[/spoiler]
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:24 am

The volt king's rampage
[spoiler]I killed Dragon at my first try. Being killed by Drake 'cause i didn't have ice mist helped me a lot when it come to preparation and to think of "how many item will i need".
But i was careless this time again, i did get there with my revenge Hexer with full HP >_>
I had to NOT use dominate after turn 6 in order to make him hurt me so that my Hexer could use revenge and NOT kill him but lower is HP enough for my Ronin to kill him with is volt skill. nMy gunner voltshot wasn't usefull since he was only lv 39 for the fight, i had to retire him 'cause he had reach his level cap earlier.

But i'm sad, I haven't a survivalist in my party so the child's monster was killed by Dragon while finishing him :(
It was fun, seeing ahow a BABY monster could finish Dragon[/spoiler]

Well, only Wyrm and an ice scale before getting Shinryuu !
It is in EO 2 ? There is a big sword with +20 for all stat for me if i sell 3 dragon scale ? It would be great, my War Magus isn't that powerfull and i haven't completely explored the last stratum yet.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:29 am

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:50 am

Seniwac
Manticor

Postby Seniwac » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:51 am

173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”