Answers to Quests

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

173 posts
Illisaurus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Illisaurus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:55 am

Well, I was gone on a trip. Didn't think it would take too long for me to get to my grandparents' house (2 days of no computer? Easy to remember what I did!) but when we got there the computer got kablooied by an electric storm. Yes, kablooied. Much more fun to say than short circuited. But as I was saying, I did most of the quests, just didn't write them down. . . -is an idiot- So I will soon have a giga-update for quests through the 5th Stratum, though there are quite a few I haven't done yet. I can remember two off the top of my head cuz they were simple and I did them earlier today >->

Nuptial Preparations(Is this what it's called? Nuptial something...)
[spoiler]Quite simple. You know the conveyor belt on the 21st Floor, straight to your right after entering for the first time that takes you to the right, not to the geo field? Yeah, I'm bad at directions, but just walk up to it and you'll run into a guard, who's the boy's dad. Tell him NO, even though it's a lie. Yes, bad you for lying. Otherwise he'll walk off and you have to leave and come back(I think O_o) to find him again, same spot as before. Simple enough, eh?[/spoiler]

The Foul Grail
[spoiler]I laughed at how easy this was. Go to the center of the room right before Overlord and press A. That's it. You talk to Cass, then hold onto it until you've pummeled Overlord into a little dented piece of metal. Technically just talking to Cass ends the quest, but it doesn't really explain anything as you just have to hold onto it. Once you've beaten Overlord, I think after one day, maybe two someone (I think Cass again) tells you that the Winged One was back and wants to meet you on the 21st Floor. WOW! Of course, it's Canaan. First pillar set from the warp up from 4th Stratum press A, then for me, I don't know if there's some ammount of monsters you have to kill or something, but I did all the bosses, which failed, random monsters, which also failed, then was on my way to Colosus, fought an Evildra, and that did it. I think that it's an Evildra completes it for you, maybe Helldra, but definately one of them. I dunno. Sorry for non-useful-ness for the post-quest stuff o_O[/spoiler]

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:05 am

Well, for those two quests:

Nuptial Preparations
[spoiler]His location is time dependent; he has three spots I know. One for 12 AM to 7 AM, one from 8 AM to 3 PM, and one from 4 PM to 11 PM. Some of those start / end hours might be off by one, however.

12 AM - 7 AM: B3
8 AM - 3 PM: E5
4 PM - 11 PM: D4

If you tell him the truth, I think he either moves to D4 or merely just follows his normal schedule. I'm not sure as I found him at B3 and lied to finish it >>.[/spoiler]

The Foul Grail
[spoiler]It's 6 FoEs /Bosses or some amount of normal fights that are "hard enough." As long as the game tells you the blood is insufficient, the kill counted towards your total Blood, though you still need to do more killing.[/spoiler]

NINJA (...Pirate?!) EDIT OMG: http://tinyurl.com/66e4wk for the other quest solutions as it's sort-of kind-of buried a few pages back.

Kaining
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaining » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:20 am

The Foul Grail
[spoiler]Two or three bloodl soldier from the 6th stratum and Wyvern were enough for restauring the foul grail[/spoiler]

@ Seniwac : I still have to kill wyrn but this how ive done it [spoiler]
First turn, i used Dominate and Riot gun, my war magus used a ice/volt mist for dragon and drake while my Hexers and Ronin respectively used Midareba and revenge. Not for Dragon since i forgot to unheal my Hexers at floor 6 with the damaging ground.
While my war magus, gunner and dark hunter were busy in using axcela, Hexer and Ronin were hurting them with their skills.
Then when the bind wore off, it's all over dominate and riot gun and every 5 turns, my war magus used a mist. I survived frigid with a ice mist, i think 0 point could have killed me if Drake took the time to use it but he didn't.

When they both were low on hp, my gunner and ronin use their elemental skill for the conditional drop. Dampen is really a necesity for that, frailty also help a little but at the start of the battle if you forgot to bring a H with 1 HP and can only hurt the dragon with Midareba.

I don't know if Drake can use regen but i can still use iceblock, since i had erasure with my War magus, it wasn't a problem for me but i think it could be if there is no way for you to remove it.

I still want to unlock axcela II, using 4 axcela per character take to much time and can ruin the timing if the force skill is used two early (only one bind removed) or to late (after half of the party was killed, including the gunner who already had a Riot gun ready to go) .
Having some soma 3 and nectall helped me against Dragon 'cause of my mistake with my Hexer, he was suposed to be a revenge Hexer at the begining of the battle and not a simple hexer >_<[/spoiler]I hope i helped.

It's really great to see the scale droping after the first fight when it has only been 2 or 3 week that you have spent 2 days fighting only dragon for getting them. Stupid Town crown with +2 in all stats :(

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm

I can't get the dying trees quest to work:
[spoiler]
I'm currently on the 4th floor for 3 days. I've been running all around the A5 room but can't get anything to activate.
Is there a certain order? Does anyone know what causes this? I'll try the other locations once I finish my 3 day sentence.
I've talked to the doctor at night and the quest is active in the quest log, btw.
[/spoiler]

Also, I never got the "uncharted territory" quest, which is odd since whenever I hit a new floor I always talk to everyone before checking out the new quests. Weird.

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:45 pm

"The dying Forest"
[spoiler]Have you spoken to Dr. Stiles prior to heading there? You can't get credit until you've done that. The order you visit them does not matter.[/spoiler]

"Uncharted territory," has a prerequisite of "Special projects team." You should have it once you finish your 3-day trip there.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Dying trees...
[spoiler]
I spoke to him at night, slept 'till morning, and set out for my 3-day trip. When I return I'll speak to him and then immediately set out for the trees without a inn-rest in between just to see if that helps.
[/spoiler]

And, excellent! I was thinking it probably was something like that, but good to know it's the specific quest I'm working on!

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

warlord_x
Ragelope

Postby warlord_x » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:41 pm

[spoiler]this is a spoiler[/spoiler]
lol.

Hi ppl. :D
___
to buisness:
the "Beast gone Beserk" quest has been driving me nuts for waaaay to long...
I did what I read in here, namely
[spoiler]I did all sorts of things to the FOE (I'm guessing the one in the North-Central area?), like lead it around, growled it into submission a couple of times, poked around in its origin pt., and even let it see me, and then walked around the WHOLE darn map to B1, and...
absolutely nothing happened. :([/spoiler]
Help?

completely unrelated tangent:
(I loathe Helldras. :x )
I am the howling gale, tearing down mountains.
I am the ancient oak, blotting out the sky.
I am the roaring lightning, shattering the night.
I am the patient sea, carving out continents.
I am the searing flame, erupting from the volcano.

I AM the Dragon.
The Dire Wolf.
The Eagle.

I AM warlord_x.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Beast gone berserk
[spoiler]Did you speak to the Minister at the Palace? May need to speak to someone else as well but I forget as it's been forever since I've done this quest.

Also, the FoE in question is the one right outside the door at B1 that only spawns during this quest. It's not a Darksoar like the rest of the FoEs on the floor. [/spoiler]

warlord_x
Ragelope

Postby warlord_x » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:50 pm

I AM the Dragon.

The Dire Wolf.

The Eagle.

I AM warlord_x.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Beast gone berserk
[spoiler]Got a file to this quest and tried it again. You merely Accept the Quest, Speak to the Minister at the Palace, go to B2 to trigger the spawn, and then enter B1 to get the credit.

Edit: Removed the direction part; double checked and you can approach from North OR South and Madsteps will still spawn.[/spoiler]

warlord_x
Ragelope

Postby warlord_x » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:01 pm

I AM the Dragon.

The Dire Wolf.

The Eagle.

I AM warlord_x.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:05 pm

Picture of me and Zaraf's map for Floor 12:
[spoiler]Locations: B2, C4, C5, and E5.

[/spoiler]

warlord_x
Ragelope

Postby warlord_x » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:09 pm

I AM the Dragon.

The Dire Wolf.

The Eagle.

I AM warlord_x.

warlord_x
Ragelope

Postby warlord_x » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:34 pm

Here's a ?:
I (finally :D) made it 2 15f, and I'm confounded by something:
[spoiler]is there some quest or w/e I'm supposed to do to freeze the thin ice?
I dunno if I can reach the other half of the floor...[/spoiler]

dis is rly annoying me... :x

___
Double! :D

I AM the Dragon.

The Dire Wolf.

The Eagle.

I AM warlord_x.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Floor 15
[spoiler]The ice freezes at Night (6 PM to 5 AM).[/spoiler]

173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”