recenty got EO2

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

ZeroYano
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

recenty got EO2

Postby ZeroYano » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:01 pm

I recently got EO2 and been playing ever since and so far I got 10 characters around 4-6 lvl, i got two teams, one for hunting and gathering while the other for exploring and F.O.E. I was curious of what are good classes to focus on gathering/hunting and classes for exploring? so far my hunting team contain
1)landsknecht
2)protector
3)survivalist
4)medic
5)gunner

My exploring team
1)landsknecht(same one I use for my hunting team)
2)War Magus
3)Ronin
4)Hexer
5)Alchemist

any help please? :)

Liferake
Hunter

Re: recenty got EO2

Postby Liferake » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Exploring Team:

L/W/R/H/A should do you just fine. Swapping out the L or R with a D (Dark Hunter) would be about the only adjustment I'd make. Some would argue for G over A, but I don't personally think it matters.

Hunting Team:

L/P/S/M/G is... an intersting design and I'm not sure how it works. If this is a team for getting conditional drops and items from item points, then its perfectly fine.

If you have questions regarding skills or how things just work in general, don't be afraid to ask.

-Liferake

ZeroYano
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ZeroYano » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Okay I will try the dark Hunter for my exploring team, I am curious about skills, like i dont know what I should focus on. so far I have my medic and war magus focus on cure and healing party after each turn.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:14 pm

For gathering items from loot points? Definitely 5 Survivalists. Stalker can outright prevent random encounters, and the more Survs you have, the more items you can gather.

Unfortunately unlike EO3, there's no way to prevent battles on loot points. They're typically rare though... it doesn't hurt to give them Esc Up though just in case. Ambush might to be able to turn into a Preemptive instead of a Blindside though... I'll have to test it at some point.

For everything else? Anything but a Survivalist really. Unless you're utilizing 1st Turn, Survivalists are very weak in this game. Medics are also terrible since War Magi are faster (Due to equipping swords), can buff the party with Warmight, has some decent attack skills, and can also serve as a TP battery with the help of a Hexer (Transfer and Cursecut). Medics on the other hand get... Revive and Phoenix but the former can be easily be substituted with Nectars and if you need to use the latter... you're probably doing something wrong.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 pm

ZeroYano
Ragelope

Postby ZeroYano » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Thank! I will try that! what about skills for medic,War magus, Landsknect and alchemist?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 pm

ZeroYano
Ragelope

Postby ZeroYano » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Okay I see, i will try to get those skills, is there anything else I should look out for in the game?

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Hm.

With your hexer: Pick (1) Status ailment that fits your fancy: Evil Eye/Torpor/Poison/Curse

Evil Eye paired with Suicide locks down the enemy its used on = Awesome
Torpor puts the enemy to sleep = Awesome
Poison kills stuff = Awesome... until you reach the higher stratum and then its just OK.
Curse works with Cursecut = Free TP = Awesome (Though typically not that useful due to the amount of setup this takes)
Paralysis and Blinding are options if you want to make the game a little harder, since Hexers are known for breaking the game.

After you max out the Status of your choice, ASAP go for Dampen

Dampen is your friend

Dampen will never let you down.

Dampen is the bane of all enemies

Dampen is AWESOME.

Dampen will allow you to kick some major booty

Getting Dampen means you have max scavenge, and that's just awesome.

Dampen reduces enemies resistance to ALL elements (Slash/Peirce/Bash/Fire/Ice/Volt/Non-elemental) to 100% [At LV 1 Dampen, higher leveled dampen allows you to make it WEAK TO EVERYTHING], meaning you will be able to hit an enemy usually resistant to something with full effectivness.
Last edited by Liferake on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:49 pm

ZeroYano
Ragelope

Postby ZeroYano » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:56 pm

nice nice! I will keep those in mind :) I made it to the second lvl and got my ass kick with two FOE so it time to lvl up. should I make new characters or keep the one I have?

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:05 pm

ZeroYano
Ragelope

Postby ZeroYano » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 pm

okay so for Ls I should go with stunner,silencer,tornado, cleaver and lastly brawn while for alchemist go for second lvl spells & analysis. For war magus I should go for cure 3 and salve 2.

ZeroYano
Ragelope

Postby ZeroYano » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Okay awesome! I never made a DH yet so I will make one and lvl him up, thank guys you been helpful! I love this game and I havent played the second one so sorry for sounding like a noob lol

16 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”