Some questions about my party

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
kilgore
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Some questions about my party

Postby kilgore » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:49 am

Finally finished the first game's item compendium (Ice Scale was such a pain...) and can start the second but I'm still not 100% sure on some things. I'm going to try and go with PWR/GH. These are pretty cookie-cutter I think.

Protector

War Magus

Ronin

Gunner

Hexer

One last question: Is grinding easier or harder compared to EO1? In 1, when I retired my party I had to get everybody up to around 50 on Treefrogs and then grind Iwaopeln the rest of the way. Not the most fun part of my time with the game.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Some questions about my party

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:33 am

Leveling up in EO2 is very easy. Though FOEs no longer dish out XP... bosses give out a ton of XP. So leveling up is actually a pretty quick process... even quicker if you have a Troubadour with Divinity.

The Protector's antielements are too situational... and are only really nescessary against the boss on 30F. Against the three elemental dragons, you can just use accessories and the elemental mist items to survive their breath attack.

The Hexer's Revenge skill is the game equivalent of "easy mode"... so I wouldn't really recommend it on your first playthrough... you can literally kill everything in the game with only 1 or 2 uses of it.

kilgore
Ragelope

Postby kilgore » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 am

I heard about FOEs not giving out exp and I heard that some people thought this made 2 harder than the first game. But I don't feel like I relied on exp from FOEs a lot in 1 so maybe it won't be a big problem.

Totally forgot about the elemental mists. So those are a good replacement for the anti*s, eh? I'm assuming they last 1 turn as well, right? If I don't need the anti*s I might just rest and get them temporarily for the 30F boss and go with something like this for now:

The Hexer is mainly there for Dampen, Torpor and Corrupt. And also because I wanted to use as many different classes from my EO1 party (PL/SMT) as I could. Revenge will probably the last or second-to-last skill I get her and even then I probably wouldn't use it all the time (definitely don't plan on keeping her at 1HP all the time).
Considering all that, maybe I should scrap Revenge and go for Evil Eye+Suicide/Betrayal or something. Though I don't know how well it would work out to have 3 status effect skills at once (maybe it's not really advised, I dunno).

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:21 pm

IIRC mists actually last for three turns. They don't nullify the breath skills though, only weaken them.

For your Protector, I would strongly suggest F. Guard. Its a great way to cut down on damage since the front row usually takes the brunt of most attacks. IMO, Aegis is pretty unreliable, I never bother with it.

For Hexer... its not really that hard. Torpor is to shut down random encounters. Corrupt is for when you need to replenish MP. Evil Eye is to shut down FOEs and bosses and damage them with Suicide.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 pm

For the Hexer:
10tp up is... highly unnecessary.

Instead of this:
10tp up
7 Sapping

Use this:
5tp up
10 Sapping
1 Frailty
1 Leaden

or this:
7tp up
10 Sapping

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 pm

kilgore
Ragelope

Postby kilgore » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:39 pm

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”