Questions about FOEs and other things

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Jinggo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Questions about FOEs and other things

Postby Jinggo » Sun May 05, 2013 4:20 pm

I'm getting better at avoiding the FOEs. I have a few questions about them though.

What does it mean when, on the map, the FOE goes from blue to red?

I've noticed that some follow a pattern and some actively try to block your path. Is there a way to know what one will do so I don't accidentally run into it?

At what point can you actually fight these things? Which ones are the ones you can go against first? It would be great if I could just kill them. Not going to happen yet though. My main party only just now reached level 10. I have a feeling that is grossly inadequate for fighting any FOEs successfully. While success is relative I'd think having my front line fighters and my healer still standing to be a success. If one or two people die then it's not a total loss.

I can't wait till I have enough en to have 4 nectars on hand just in case I have a tough battle with only one survivor. I think funds are probably one of the tough parts of this game. At least in the beginning. If anyone has advice on gaining ample funds I'd love to hear it.

My gathering party doesn't get very much each trip. And for some stupid reason I keep getting attacked by Rafflesia monsters. Scared the shoot out of me when that first happened! My poor survivalists were eaten alive. I hope they were tasty. The rafflesia plant in real life is nasty enough without being evolved into a monster. What a nightmare!

Any and all help is appreciated. :)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Questions about FOEs and other things

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun May 05, 2013 11:29 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon May 06, 2013 2:07 am

If only there was accesories with instant death skill resistances in early game part. :(
Or heck, something that would make it possible that when you get attacked from gather node, it woudnt always be pre-emptive strike for enemies. >.<

Mole-chan I....

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Tue May 07, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks Wolkenritter! Again you've come to my aid. After reading your reply I went and fought a furyhorn and beat it! So now I don't have to be worried about those anymore. I think I'll avoid stalkers though. I've been using the gunner's haltshot to slip passed the stalkers. I really love my Dark Hunter though. If something uses an attack you don't like you can use one of the binding moves to prevent it from using it. Like binding a redhorn's head prevents it from using charge or horns attacks.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue May 07, 2013 1:26 pm

I was able to confidently defeat Stalkers at average party level 20; this endeavour however is no easy feat (getting to that party level average) especially in my case where I took upon the challenge of exterminating every FOE I set my eyes on the moment I made eye contact.

Stalkers are definitely a group of mobs you don't want to mess with during your first encounters with them, they are simply much too strong at that point.
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm

But I noticed yesterday that the furyhorns I killed have come back. Or their brothers are seeking vengeance against my less than elite explorers. I've still a bit away from taking on anything stronger.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed May 08, 2013 10:43 pm

F.I.A
Ragelope

Postby F.I.A » Sun May 12, 2013 11:12 am

8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”