Questions about Rest function and first stratum chimear boss

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Jinggo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Questions about Rest function and first stratum chimear boss

Postby Jinggo » Sat May 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Ok first I have a question about the rest feature from the explorer's guild. Is there any penalty for using it other than going down a few levels? I think I want to rebuild my War Magus. Is there any limit to how many times you can rest the same character?

Next question is about the chimaera boss on the first stratum. I'm about to fight it. Any tips before I take this thing on? My fighters are at least level 24 right now. My goto team for surviving tough battles is:

Landsnecht
Dark Hunter (whip moves only)
Ronin
War Magus
Alchemist

I have some other characters in reserve but they are at lower levels. Some of the others are still around 12-15.

I'll probably be fine but I wonder what you guys might tell me anyway.

As always I appreciate your help.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Questions about Rest function and first stratum chimear

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun May 26, 2013 8:01 am

Jinggo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Jinggo » Mon May 27, 2013 12:15 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon May 27, 2013 12:47 am

I was thinking about doing a similar post but here was my party:

Dark Hunter (whips only)
Survivalist
War Magus
Troubadour
Hexer

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Mon May 27, 2013 7:47 am

That's interesting. I'm assuming your survivalist is more than just a "gatherer". Mine can't do much. I'm still playing around with my troubadour but not sure how best to use her. My hexer is in dire need of leveling up too. My method is to brute force everything until it dies. My war magus buffs the front line and my alchemist provides pyrotechnics. Lol.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon May 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Mon May 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Well the short answer is I grind a lot but here's a bit more information. I have three strong fighters or sometimes just two. I keep them in front and I bring whoever I want to level up and put them in back. Then I go to a floor where the monsters are easy for my main fighters. The trick is to use the auto feature and not use your tp when you're grinding. If you're struggling on the fifth floor then grind on the fourth floor instead. If you can breeze through battles with the auto feature you'll make less trips to town. Granted it is boring to grind but that's why I use my iPod instead of listening to the in-game music. Also my main fighters are always able to take on higher level monsters so the lower level ones get the xp benefit without having to worry about being strong enough. The frontline does all the heavy lifting. I also bring my war magus most of the time for her healing ability. So consequently my dark hunter landsnecht ronin and war magus are at high levels because two out of four of them are on every trip. Even the gathering trips. My ronin can take down a raflesia monster with two normal attacks. Or one orochi. My other gathering m members don't need to worry about running away. I can usually kill the monsters before the back row gets hit. Hope that helps. I'm still kind of learning but I've been playing RPGs since the late 80's.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue May 28, 2013 1:46 am

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Tue May 28, 2013 2:19 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue May 28, 2013 5:12 am

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Tue May 28, 2013 6:26 pm

There's no exp from FOE in EO II. The only reason for fighting them is to get what they drop and to get them out of your way. I can't fight a raptor with my gathering party yet. I can only do that with my regular party. I started EO 1 last week. I'm not sure I'm into it yet. I'm really glad I started with EO II as my first Etrian Odyssey experience. I'm looking forward to the other two games but there's not enough hours in the day!

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue May 28, 2013 10:20 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 30, 2013 3:05 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri May 31, 2013 2:55 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri May 31, 2013 10:39 pm

23 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”