password woes

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
theo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

password woes

Postby theo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:39 pm

Hello everyone!

First off, many thanks to Maxine and Archaic Sage for putting ItL together. So impressive!

I picked up EO2 today at GameSpot (yay!). Don't worry, Maxine, I was a good boy and pre-ordered on Amazon, but the delay was offputting.

Also, just to share, I'd like to work through EO2 with zero help outside of the instruction booklet and my EO1 experience. Or, at least start out that way and see how long I can keep temptation at bay. I looked up lots of stuff as I was working through EO1, mostly preferred builds and items (not maps). Things became remarkably easier in a hurry (read: Immunize).

Anyway, I'm interested to see how things turn out. I've already had a big "What?!? C'mon!" moment. I'm sure lots of you know what I'm talking about. Frustrating and delicious at the same time. So, I guess I'll need to tread carefully on the forums to avoid spoilers.

Okay, to the topic:

I'm feeling a bit stupid at the moment: :oops: my password won't seem to work. I've checked and double-checked and made sure I was using Oh and not zero, and five and not Ess. Still no luck. :( I'm on the 26th floor right now, so I think I might just wander around a bit more so I'll get a different password and try that.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Theo

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: password woes

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Vapour Trail
Manticor

Postby Vapour Trail » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:46 pm

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:38 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:50 pm

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:11 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:21 pm

You're quite the hostess, Maxine! What else can be said? :D

I've just started the 6th stratum and haven't been cheating so far, which means [spoiler] I've been doing lots of warping, of course! EO2's map icons would be so very helpful here with all the secret one-ways.[/spoiler]

Of course, my adventures have been tabled by EO2 of late.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:55 pm

Here's what I did:

Floor 26:
[spoiler]Once you find a warp that doesn't take you to the annoying far right room, memo it. And don't put down a warp icon UNTIL you've tried it and leave the spot blank so you know you didn't step there.[/spoiler]

Floor 29:
[spoiler]This one is SO much harder. Again, don't put down warp points or mark the spots until you've stepped on them. Once you do, memo that you stepped there and where it jumped you to. After you've exhausted every possible location that a particular warp is going to lead - and it's not towards the steps - unmemo it and draw walls around the warp on your map, so you know that going through that one isn't leading you anywhere.[/spoiler]

Those were my tricks and I hope they are at least a little bit helpful.

@at the hostess compliment: Thanks! Just don't my best. I'd do the same even if it weren't my own forums.
Last edited by Maxine MagicFox on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[] - [] - [] - []

shadowknight
RPG Admin

Postby shadowknight » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

your spoiler tags arnt working

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:58 pm

o_O that's weird!!

*sigh* I put an "s" at the end of the word "spoiler" in the tag. Ugg...

[] - [] - [] - []

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi Maxine,

Did you mean Floor 26 instead of 25? Good advice. I'm refraining from looking at your tip for Floor 29 until I get there. I hope you don't mind.

Speaking of Floor 25, [spoiler]I was lucky/diligent enough to stumble on the narrow end of the secret passage so I knew where to go once I reached "kingdile hall." Lots of time saved there! I was actually a bit bummed that the kingdiles kept to their pattern after I engaged one instead of things turning into a big kingdile pile. I was ready to brawl! Oh well.[/spoiler]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Sorry! Yeah, I mean Floor 26 *runs off to edit it*

After I missed a secret spot on Floor 19 which made my life HELL going back and forth between the healing spring to the 20th floor to fight off all those monsters. Ever since then, I diligently check EVERY wall before I even mark it down on the map.

And, no, no problem and skipping the post. :3 That's why the spoiler tags are there! Read it when you are ready and not a moment before!

[] - [] - [] - []

theo
Bloodant

Postby theo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:48 pm

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”