FOE help Trigourd(?)

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Jinggo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

FOE help Trigourd(?)

Postby Jinggo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:01 am

Ok I found an invisible FOE called a trigourd. Does it have a weakness? What do I do to beat it?

isometric
Killclaw

Re: FOE help Trigourd(?)

Postby isometric » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:41 am

They're weak to ice, I think... Can't remember. I used my hexer (since revenge blasts anything -- I imagine war magus cuts would work too though.) and dark hunter to kill them.

Unless you're farming for the whip though, the best thing to do is just avoid them.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:56 am

They are weak to volt not ice. The only way to damage them is use volt typed attacks, untyped attacks (Like Warmagus' cut skills, Revenge and Megido) or use the Hexer's Dampen skill to remove their resistances.

Like isometric mentioned though, you're really better off avoiding them.

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:38 pm

The only reason I want to beat them is to see what they drop. But for now I'll avoid them. My Alchemist isn't that strong yet. Those other skills aren't available to me yet. I haven't acquired enough skill points for the prerequisites.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:36 am

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:52 am

My Dark Hunter is one of my main members so I'll keep that in mind when I get that far. I just today found the staircase to the 8th floor.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:27 am

... I keep forgetting they're vulnerable to ice.

Anyway, as for the Trigourd drops, their first drop is a Curse Bone which is used to make a Mirage Rod. Not really a weapon worth getting.

Its second drop is a Bendy Tool which makes two pieces of armor, the Headdress and the Fancy Coat. It also is used to make Blind Gas which is a consumable item that inflicts blind on enemies. This item is also dropped by Fangleaves (Which are much easier to kill). So its not something to worry over.

The third drop is a Gourd Head which is used to make a Pumpkinhat. A fairly decent helm at this point in the game, but can only be used by Medics, Alchemists and (I think) Gunners.

All three drops are randomly dropped here, so no conditionals or anything. You'll want Scavenge while hunting them.

Windywalk
Ragelope

Postby Windywalk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Gourd FOEs have all physical immunes.
They can damaged by only Elemental attack, except Fire damage in Trigourd.
Ronin's Orochi, Raizuki and Hyousetsu are good.

Jinggo
Ragelope

Postby Jinggo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:19 am

9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”