What's your party?

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Ramus
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What's your party?

Postby Ramus » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:42 pm

Lachrimae
Ragelope

Postby Lachrimae » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:11 pm

Yfariell Guild Leaders
We WILL rule the world.

~~~Sahakia~~~.~~~Yukari~~~.~~~Deienna~~~.~~~.Hiako.~~~.~~~Minamo~~~
Evil Overlord Rule #40:I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve.

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Postby Kinokokao » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:54 am

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

shadowknight
RPG Admin

Postby shadowknight » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:56 am

my party so far

protector/Landsknecht
gunner/medic/Alchemis

so far this party is doing wonders i'm on the 4th floor even though the partys lvl 11. (apart from my gunner whos lvl 12 after sending him on the 1st floor solo) but i'm still looking for a FOE i can fight and win against appart from the dino on the 1st floor (forgot its name and doesnt give me exp :P)

Ramus
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ramus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:40 pm

People seem to prefer the short battle oriented parties.

Anyway, a party that I've been experimenting with, and as a warning to anyone else who tries it, this party isn't stable yet.

Front: Protector, Protector
Back: Hexer, War Magus, Gunner

Yeah, I know it has a severe lack of healing abilities, but I'm trying to make the perfect FOE killing party. A team made to run in, slaughter whatever FOE lies in wait, and run back out of the dungeon.

The Protectors are getting all their points put into HP, Shields, Riskwall, and HP Regen, and later Fortify and other such moves. All they will ever do in most FOE battles is defend. They're just there to distract the enemy.

The Hexer will get points put into immobilization skills such as paralyze. If there's points left over, those will be put into stat decreasing moves. The Hexer's main job is to immediately subdue the enemy.

The War Magus will have points put into War Edge and get the different cuts. The War Magus will be blinding, poisoning, etc. the enemy.

The Gunner will immediately have points put into the bind shots and will be mainly binding the enemy. After that, the gunner will be using Riskshots.

If I'm against one FOE, once it's completely bound, gagged, etc. I'll go into an all out offensive with my team and do as much damage as possible every turn. However, if I'm in a rare situation with two FOEs, then I'll keep back, constantly checking binds and status effects, and letting poison and curse do the main damage.

My main problem with this party is I don't know if enemies can have more than three status ailments. If they can, the party will probably work great, if not, then it'll be wasting a lot of energy every turn. Does anyone know just how many status ailments can be stacked on an enemy?

Teklanika
Ragelope

Im strange

Postby Teklanika » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:15 am

Here's mine:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I named my guild Anas (the family of Dabbling ducks) and each membeer is named for a species.

And oddly enough Im not haveing any trouble here, My ronin does GREAT damage (I went STR up mastered right away) all I have to do is build up an Issen and nothing stands in my way.

Its nice to always be able to afford the best equipment (and unlock it as soon as I hit the new harvest point) and have everyone in the party contribute usefully when I do auto. very easy to level party. I almost never go back to town for TP, I think this build would ALMOST work best for "living in the dungeon" since it uses almost no TP. Unfortunately it lacks native ressurection.

I originally had a Hexer (Anas Sparsa, the african black duck) to go with the war maus but honestly I got sick of just her running out of TP and not doing much in regular battles.

Ramus
Fenrir

Postby Ramus » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:41 am

I don't know, I've really never made use of the Survivalist in either games. What makes yours so capable? Is it just a certain skill or what?

Lachrimae
Ragelope

Postby Lachrimae » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:52 am

I keep a survivalist team as item point farmers but I havent found them useful in real battle
Yfariell Guild Leaders

We WILL rule the world.

~~~Sahakia~~~.~~~Yukari~~~.~~~Deienna~~~.~~~.Hiako.~~~.~~~Minamo~~~

Evil Overlord Rule #40:I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:23 am

Ronin has gamebest STR, so it's not surprising to see her do a lot of damage. She also gets hands down the best weapon in the game - Amanohahagiri, which is ATK+256 and +10 to every stat. >_>

My team is in my sig, that is my post-game team, meaning to say I did not use this team to beat the main boss, however I did use this team to venture higher up and to defeat the stronger FOEs.
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

tcgiant
Ragelope

Postby tcgiant » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:40 am

FRONT: Warsaw(-LANDSHARK BANNED-), Kyoto(Ronin)
REAR: Dublin(Gunner), Madrid(Medic), Brooklyn(Alchemist)

So far it's worked out pretty well. My party is around level 23, with my Alchemist a level and a half lower because I moved her into the party later, after trying out a War Magus and deciding that, despite the HP regen battle ability, it wasn't a good fit for my play style(what's with all those follow-up sword techniques? To heck with setups, I just wanna kill stuff!) and I needed a stronger elemental damager than my gunner, who mostly sits in the corner spamming Wildshot like it's going out of style.

I'm stuck on Salamox in 8F, but I'm sure I'll come up with a solution to that soon enough...

pyrix
Ragelope

Postby pyrix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:47 am

Front
Protector - Ayaka
Troubador - Meimei
Survivalist - Lilia

Back
Medic - Saria
Alchemist Jenifer

My guild is all-girl, 'cept for Faulkner my black wolf beast.
Pain is an illusion of the senses.
Despair an illusion of the mind.

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:39 pm

slipgate ranger
Ragelope

Postby slipgate ranger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:40 am

enigmaopoeia
Ragelope

Postby enigmaopoeia » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:13 am

~ enigmaopoeia @

masterofpsi
Ragelope

Postby masterofpsi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:59 am

88 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”