What's your party?

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:28 pm

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:41 pm

But it looks like the gunner is in the back row. And the swordspeople in the front row.

Edit: Ah, page jump ninja.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Yoonah
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Yoonah » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

RukaMilda
Ragelope

Postby RukaMilda » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:22 am

Actually the picture just shows the characters in random order( Aria is my favorite so she gets to be on top) also I'm still leveling my WM(right now she's about LV13 while the rest of her team are LV 25 above) so she's on the backrow.

fauxsquared
Ogre

Postby fauxsquared » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Zeta look cute fillies.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Overhead stance is generally the preference not due to the Fire attacks (if we really wanted "ONE AND PRECISELY ONE" Element, it'd probably be Volt though Fire still catches just as many weaknesses) but because Midareba is vastly superior to the other two. If you want your Ronin's to be dealing anything close to really good damage, they basically must go for Midareba. Otherwise, they're barely better than Landsknechts.

Protector, F. Guard. That's uh ... that's about it, honestly. Well, Smite and Antis too but F. Guard is really the only big noteworthy skill to get quickly.

Medics heal. There's not much to say, really. Get healing spells. Put points into them when you need to heal for more.

Gunners get the typical 1 point in each Elemental shot, Ricochet, and Medishot build. The leftover points are all up to you, really, though it's heavily suggested they go towards HP Up, TP Up, STR Up, and AGI Up.

As for Clarity, it's useful. Maxed out, it's a 76% multiplier to enemy accuracy when you're at full health. The problem is that Accuracy can go above 100% before the multiplier is applied so it's not truly a 76% chance to get hit (and if their base hit chance is high enough, Clarity could end up doing nothing as 76% of it is still >100%). Conversely, Accuracy can also be below 100% before the multiplier and that can ultimately make it better than Shiraha's 30% damage nullification.

Honestly, the amount of times you'll face a better-than-100% base Accuracy shouldn't be too terribly high so it isn't really worth caring about.

Incidentally, Shiraha and Clarity/Evasion are two separate checks. If the attack connects (i.e., Evasion fails) THEN the game checks to see if Shiraha will activate. If there's no attack connecting, then Shiraha does nothing.

Glentrek
Ragelope

Re: What's your party?

Postby Glentrek » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:41 am

Midareba might do more damage, but I'm quite content with Kubiuchi; the insta-kill triggers often enough, and using it doesn't seem to slow my Ronin's attack down. Maybe he's just fast enough that it doesn't matter, but I don't think that's it.

My current main party is:
Front: Ronin - War Magus - Ronin
Back: Alchemist - Protector

All currently at Lvl 9 (except the Protector, Lvl 11, who doubles up with the gathering team). One Ronin I beefed up with STR Up and Clarity, and the other Ronin has some points in Iai but is now working toward Clarity.

I've actually been considering moving the War Magus to the back row in favor of a third Ronin in front, and pushing my Alchemist out of the main party. On top of that, I'm also considering switching out my Protector for a Troubadour. So yeah, my team is still potentially in flux. Any suggestions?

~~Sereine(L:9)=~=Dhormien(L:9)=~=Kaeshi(L:9)==~==Horace(L:9)==~==Aelen(L:11)~~

~~~Dhana(L:6)==~==Aelen(L:11)=~==Megling(L:6)=~===Ellis(L:6)===~==Lisse(L:6)~~~

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:42 pm

ransho
Ragelope

Postby ransho » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:59 am

My party consists of Ronin - Ronin - Dark Hunter in front row and Alchemist - Medic in back row.

Dark Hunter always be my favourite class since EO 1, although in EO 1 I use sword, and in EO 2 I use whip. (In EO1 Drain makes my Dark Hunter really doesn't need Cure at all, and Petrify is really useful in Stratum 6. Bait is the most powerful attack from all) and in EO 2, Viper and Ecstasy is a must for me. Only need 5 level to be maxed, and Viper has a high speed :D

Although Alchemist was definitely useless in normal battle (I don't know what made Atlus gave an unreasonable TP cost for them), their force skill (Eschaton) has a high speed and can kill all of the boss from stratum 1 to stratum 3 in one turn.

Medic.. is also useless. salve needs lots of TP, and doesn't heal that much. I prefer to use medica after battle, but because my Medic was on my basic party I can't do much about her.

Ronin.. have a high attack, but their skills were really slow :( Dunno.. maybe I'll retire my Ronins and opted for another 2 DH with sword for Drain, so my Medic will only use Salve in some occasions and to cure my Alche and my whip-DH :)

agares
Ragelope

Postby agares » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:23 pm

R/WM/DH
G/H

Retired once at 30ish.
Not that much to it.

War Might, Midareba, Dampen, Cure 2, Revenge and Climax.

Probably only skills I ever used.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:01 am

Since they have the same portraits and whatnot, I brought over all my old characters (and their subsequent storylines) from EO to EO II, but I also created one of every other class and am actively using new members in my party.

Original lineup:

Reed--------------Fahn-----------Trifkin

Lenneth------------Shia

New team:

Nuntia------Fahn----Trifkin

Sorenja-----Lief

^ 3^ I look forward to experimenting with all the new classes. I didn't do much with my Dark Hunter, Ronin or Protector (never found them that useful) before, so I'm giving them all another chance this go-round.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:12 am

Mine is usually:
Ronin, Dark Hunter (AKA BDSM), War Magus
Hexer, Gunner
I have a survivalist in the guild bank for basic, everyday mining, taking, and chopping. I know that a gatherer is what the survivalist wanted to be when she grew up... so I'm helping her live out her dream xD.

I like the TP Battery thing going with Hexer + WM :D. That shit cray. On the serious, though, TP Battery is amazing.

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:33 pm

I've started again, this time using R/DH/WM in the front and G/H in the back. All unfamiliar classes. I'm not sure how to allocate the skill points properly just yet, but I'm reading up about it. So far the Hexer and Dark Hunter aren't all that useful, but I figure they'll get there eventually. I don't really care for the Hexer's skills, so it's going to be interesting. I miss my Troubadour.

In the meantime, I use my classic EO party to mine/take/chop when I want to make some monies, so I still get to see them.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Poison is generally the way to go for early game. Hexers are a late bloomer since their best skills need to be maxed to be actually useful.

DH will leap in usefulness once you get Climax.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri May 01, 2015 9:48 am

Nice choice in WM portraits.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

88 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”