What's your party?

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's your party?

Postby isometric » Fri May 01, 2015 10:07 pm

Aww yiss, love me some EOII!

You've got a rock-solid party picked out, arguably the most min/maxy one out there. After the first couple of stratums they'll all start to shine.

If you want things to shoot for on your characters:

Idunno if that helps. Most of it is common knowledge and you said you were reading up about it.

Anyways cheers, love me some Lagaard!

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Fri May 01, 2015 10:52 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat May 02, 2015 3:11 am

My EOIV party has Trifkin the medic, and Rosel the Rune Master. Nice!

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

tib
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby tib » Tue May 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Newcomer in this game (EOII), I was playing with this party:

Front: Protector, Landsknecht
Back: Gunner, Medic, Survivalist

BUT, I realized that Survivalist is really weak in terms of damage ;-; She's good for farm but... I just can't got a good damage with her.

Now I'm trying leveling two new classes (to choose between them) so... My party now is like this:

Front: Protector, Landsknecht
Back: Dark Hunter, Medic, Alchemist

Because I'm a newcomer here I don't know if this party is good or no~

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue May 05, 2015 10:58 pm

tib
Ragelope

Postby tib » Wed May 06, 2015 6:58 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed May 06, 2015 9:59 am

Brief run down on classes:
Protector - Front Guard is one of the best mitigation moves in the game. Antielements are helpful though very situational. Smite is decent damage move. Painless, their limit skill is insanely useful.
Landsknect - Actually fairly decent early game, mainly due to the ease in getting the Meteor Axe. But a lot of their moves have low damage mods and they tend to be outclassed by every other damage dealer. They have decent bulk behind them at least.
Alchemist - Low damage mods along with insane TP costs really lets this class down. They're useful against some enemies but for most part you're better off not using one.
Survivalist - They've been pretty much retooled to be the dedicated gathering class. 1st Turn has its niches but for most part they're not very good at all combat.
Dark Hunter - Climax is absurdly powerful being able to instantly kill anything except bosses once their HP reaches a certain value (50% when maxed). Ecstasy and Bait are among the most damaging moves in the game. Dominate is THE best Limit skill. Being able to inflict all 3 binds at once is ridiculously good.
Medic - Caduceus is not as powerful as it was in EO1. For most part, they mainly stick to healing. Their only real drawback is that they can only equip staves, due to how weapon speed mods work, Medics will often go last in most skirmishes. Their Limit skill is great for emergencies.
Troubadour - Losing Relaxing really hurts. They still do what they do best, AoE buffs. The values these buffs give aren't as strong as the War Magi's on the other hand. Their Limit skill is useless, since it chokes all 3 of your buff slots.
Ronin - Basically, the new Landsknect. Midareba can deal high amounts of damage to single targets while their AoE elemental slashes are good for taking out groups of enemies. Katanas have some really high ATK values behind them as well. Their only real let down is their non-existent bulk. Eventually they get ways to mitigate damage to themselves, but these require heavy investment and won't see any use until late game.
Hexer - Status king. Sleep and Poison wreck random encounters. Frailty and Sapping are very useful against tougher enemies. Evil Eye in combination with Suicide is a decent way to deal damage as well as lock down a tough critter. Revenge is the most powerful move in the game, gamebreakingly so, but requires the Hexer to be at low HP values.
Gunner - The "new Survivalist". Ricochet is very strong. They also have the elemental shots which are perfect substitutes to the Alchemist's skills. They can remove ailments as well with Medishot, which is useful if you're running a War Magus as a healer.
War Magus - The other healer option from a Medic, and the most versatile class in the game. The Cut skills do decent damage and they're typeless as well, making them handy against enemies like the Gourd FOEs. Cursecut is worth noting, since you can combine it with Transfer to act as a TP battery to the party, you'll need a Hexer however. They have buffs similar to the Troubadour, although they're single target, the mods they have are massive in comparison. Finally, they can heal. I usually consider them better in this role due to their ability to equip Swords, which often makes them act first.
Beast - Nearly unusable due to Loyalty not applying the Beast's actual defensive values in place of who they're protecting. Which means they die very often. Their skills have some decent power behind them at least.

In all fairness though, you can beat the game with any combination. Some parties generally have a rougher time than others.

Also, welcome!
Last edited by Wolkenritter on Thu May 21, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed May 06, 2015 8:26 pm

tib
Ragelope

Postby tib » Thu May 07, 2015 1:29 am

I'll not quoting this, it's so much info XD
Really thanks to both for the big help! Now I'll check the infos and decide for the best members for my party! Thanks for the help (and also the fast replies :3)

I'm afraid if I choose a Hex it's soooo game breaking hahahah Maybe I'll use her just after beating the main story? Or I'm just thinking so much about this? e.e

Oh, other thing~ If I have any others doubts about the game... I need to use another topic? I already found the Quests Topic but if is related to monsters/itens, etc?

Anyway thanks again for the welcome and the nice advices about the classes :3

Edit: I remembered that is still hard to level new party members even if I have the high lv ones helping killing strong monsters... is it normal? XD

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu May 07, 2015 6:46 am

tib
Ragelope

Postby tib » Sun May 10, 2015 3:18 am

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon May 11, 2015 7:31 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

tib
Ragelope

Postby tib » Thu May 21, 2015 5:36 am

Hahah I see, maybe later I'll introduce myself XD

About the icons isometric already answered this via mp but thanks anyway~ I have to go back to early floors and change the icons now :3

About my party after all the help I get here this is how the group looks now:

Protector - Dark Hunter - Ronin
Gunner - Medic

The damage Ronin have is soooooooo big hahaha and the Dark Hunter Force skill is awesome @___@

Now I think it's time for me to use the "Rantage" topic hahah

88 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”