Living in the Dungeon Run ~ Now with Ver. 0.1 of the rules

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Ramus
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Living in the Dungeon Run ~ Now with Ver. 0.1 of the rules

Postby Ramus » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:49 pm

The Living in the Dungeon Challenge:

This challenge is meant for veteran players who know the set up of the Dungeon quite well and understand each class's strengths and weaknesses. In other words: Don't expect to win.

Now then, the challenge is basically what it says, you live in the dungeon. It is in essence what a Dungeon Crawl and Roguelike is, entering the dungeon and not leaving until the task is complete. Fun right?

Rules:

1. You may never leave the Labyrinth unless you have to fulfill a mandatory mission. Warp Wires are not allowed as that would be leaving the Labyrinth.

2. If you must go down to the surface, you can only go down to accept or report the mission, you may not shop, stay at the inn, use the hospital, the explorer guild or fulfill quests at the bar.

3. Whatever events take place in the Labyrinth are perfectly acceptable for the player to use, even if they find an area that continually restores HP and TP, they can use it. I am not sure if there are any in EOII.

4. You may buy any equipment you want the first time in town because you haven't left for the dungeon yet.

5. Using a password is up to you. Neither end really seems to have much of a difference in difficulty.

Setups that you may change to meet your liking:

1. You can decide whether or not you can save at the inn every time you fulfill or accept a mission. This can relieve a lot the stress of knowing that you'll lose EVERYTHING if you lose once. Of course, suspending is more realistic cause when you're dead, you're dead, and it's far more satisfying to barely survive a battle with so much at stake. Whatever you like.

2. You can always not buy any equipment at the beginning to make the game far more strategic and harder.

And also a set of tips:

1. Make good use of your passive skills. Skills like Patch Up and Regenall will make up for your limited TP.

2. The Take areas on the first floor may give you a sour fruit which restores TP, make good use of it.

3. Know what treasures lie about in the up coming floors, since your team will be relying on them for better items and equipment.

Feel free to add suggestions to any of the lists above if I missed something. Also, I'd like to have this topic pinned for anyone who might come along and give the challenge a try.
Last edited by Ramus on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowknight
RPG Admin

Postby shadowknight » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:54 pm

now theres an idea for people who have finished the game. do it again. but no resting at the inn.

Teklanika
Ragelope

WoW!

Postby Teklanika » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:51 am

I can only imagine what would happen if you get unlucky and someone dies several levels before you can learn revive. Though I think you can find a nectar and nectar II very early on.

Ramus
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ramus » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:04 am

Yeah, I believe you can find two Nectars early in the game.

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:18 am

except for the lack of native ressurecting in my current party I seem to have a very survivable build for dungeon living as I only use TP for Foes. (see my sig for party info. The war magus and protector both maxed thier regen abilities right away, to heal I can just continuosly defend on a lower floor) this is useful since I dont like going to town and losing my force points. I only go back when my inventory is full now. (or if someone dies and Im out of nectar)

I think I'd replace a survivalist with a gunner though since I would need the harvesting abilities of two and gunners are great damage. (there really should be a medic in there though!)

Ramus
Fenrir

Postby Ramus » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:38 am

Added official set of rules. Good luck for whoever feels they're capable of pulling this off.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: Living in the Dungeon Run ~ Now with Ver. 0.1 of the rul

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:09 am

Yowza
Ragelope

Re: Living in the Dungeon Run ~ Now with Ver. 0.1 of the rul

Postby Yowza » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:25 am

pyrix
Ragelope

Postby pyrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:41 am

How does this work, exactly? I read the rules but I'm still confused.
Pain is an illusion of the senses.
Despair an illusion of the mind.

ziron
Killclaw

Postby ziron » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:55 am

Basically, you accept missions, and can't leave dungeon until you complete them.

pyrix
Ragelope

Postby pyrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:57 am

Pain is an illusion of the senses.
Despair an illusion of the mind.

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:59 pm

Ramus
Fenrir

Postby Ramus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:35 pm

Hobbun
Killclaw

Postby Hobbun » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Ramus
Fenrir

Postby Ramus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:48 pm

24 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”