Living in the Dungeon Run ~ Now with Ver. 0.1 of the rules

Discuss the second game of the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:51 pm

Teclo
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Teclo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:10 pm

I definitely like the sound of that. In fact, before I played EO2 I imagined that it would be more like that; having to survive in the dungeon by collecting items and combining various skills to take the strain. In retrospect, given how complex the skill system is (and how little help the game actually gives you) I think it would have driven me mad if you had to play it like that but it's nice to be able to do it if you want, and once you've learned the ins and outs of the different classes and skills.

Denigrate
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Denigrate » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:10 pm

It is possible to provide security against other things, but as far as death is concerned, we men all live in a city without walls.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:23 pm

Kaining
Fenrir

Postby Kaining » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:32 pm

But if you need to retire every member who dies, a Revenge Hexer and a revivng Medic aren't going to be of any use...assuming that retiring take you back to lv 1, which it does not.

I would keep the Hexer for the infinite TP and alteration, and dump the medic for a survivalist with stalker.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Teklanika
Ragelope

Postby Teklanika » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:08 pm

sorry for mucking up the thread with another set of rules, this should probably be limited to talking about the living int he dungeon run where all game skills are allowed. I can't imagine a hardcore living in the dungeon run >_> I mean Is it even possible to complete the game with a 4or 3 person party?! losing someone would mena starting all over...

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:17 pm

I've beaten the Dragons and Ur-Child with a 3-man group and did Ur-Child with just two. Someone has beaten the main story with a solo DH as well.

Naridar
Ragelope

Postby Naridar » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:27 pm

24 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard”